• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Seeding database copy accross WAN link

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Seeding database copy accross WAN link Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Seeding database copy accross WAN link - 16.Jun.2013 7:22:31 PM   
MichaelCaditz

Exchange 2010 SP3. Three sites connected by WAN link. Two servers in each site. Separate MAPI and replication networks.

At site #1, I have a mailboxdatabase. It is mounted on one server and healthy on the other server. The content index state is healthy on both. The server passes all test-replicationhealth tests. (I created the passive copy successfully on the second server at the same LAN site yesterday).

The size of the mounted database is 86.5 GB and the size of its log folder is 1.07 gb.

I want to create a copy of this mailbox on a server at Site #2. Ping from the active server at Site #1 to the target server at site #2 is around 70-80 ms on MAPI nertwork and <150 ms on replication network. The target server at Site #2 also passes all test-replicationhealth tests.

However, I cannot create a copy of this mailbox on a server at Site #2. I get the following error:

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:01:09

Mailbox Database NYGAL0
Failed

Error:
A source-side operation failed. Error An error occurred while performing the seed operation. Error: A timeout occurred while communicating with server 'xxxx'. Error: "A connection could not be completed within 15 seconds.". [Database: Mailbox Database xxx, Server: xxx.xxx.com]

A timeout occurred while communicating with server xxxxx. Error: "A connection could not be completed within 15 seconds."
Click here for help... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms.exch.err.default(EXCHG.141).aspx?v=14.3.123.3&t=exchgf1&e=ms.exch.err.Ex4543D9

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
Add-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity 'Mailbox Databasexxx' -MailboxServer xxxxxxx -ActivationPreference '3'

Elapsed Time: 00:01:10

When I look on the target server, the database and log folders were created with several sub-folders in each proving there is connectivity.

Is there a database/log size to link speed ratio limit to database seeding? (I thought the only requirement had to do with latency). Is there somewhere I can increase this 15 second timeout?

Thank you in advance for your ideas!

NEW INFORMATION:

I created a new database, and I got the same result, i.e. 15 second timeout when trying to create copy at remote site. No problem creating copy on LAN. So it is not the size of the database that is the problem.

< Message edited by MichaelCaditz -- 16.Jun.2013 10:42:04 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Seeding database copy accross WAN link - 12.Jul.2013 1:32:48 PM   
jackal2001

Seems like you are having a similar problem that I do. Although I'm not in a different wan site. I'm in the same building.

What happens when you run this PS command:
Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus * -connectionstatus | fl inc*, out*

See my post here:
http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800571902/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#1800571902

(in reply to MichaelCaditz)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Seeding database copy accross WAN link Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter