• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Self-signed certificate issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Secure Messaging >> Self-signed certificate issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Self-signed certificate issue - 21.Jul.2013 9:10:44 PM   
exchDPA

A remote user firing up Outlook, sees a popup saying the security certificate has expired. I reviewed certificates in Exchange and the relevant self-signed certificate had indeed expired several days before. I then followed the procedure described in http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2008/01/exchange-server-2007-renewing-self.html which adds a new certificate and deletes the old certificate. Do I need to do anything at the User end because they are still seeing the popup?
Post #: 1
RE: Self-signed certificate issue - 15.Aug.2013 11:09:55 PM   
exchDPA

Folks, someone out there must have an idea what's going on here and I need their input. This is impacting only 1 user out of 10 but it is the CEO and, though not devastating, it is pissing him off. Since adding the new certificate, the popup now shows a tick against "the security certificate date is valid" but has a cross against "The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site". Also, to the right of the "lock" icon, is the word "sites" - what does this mean and where does it come from?

(in reply to exchDPA)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Secure Messaging >> Self-signed certificate issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter