Exchange Server Forums
My Profile |
My Subscription |
My Forums |
Address Book |
Member List |
Ticket List |
Send As permission
Users viewing this topic:
|Logged in as: Guest
| Login || |
Send As permission - 3.Oct.2007 11:00:56 AM
Greetings, I followed the outline from the Exchange help to the letter, but can't seem to get it to work. I originally had users setup with "Send on Behalf" permission, but would like to switch it to Send As in order to get rid of the 'Sent by User on Behalf of Mailbox' line.
To use Active Directory Users and Computers to grant a user "Send as" permissions for another user's mailbox
Does the user need to logoff/on in order for this permission to take effect? Any insight is appreciated.
- On a computer that is running Exchange, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In Active Directory Users and Computers, on the View menu, click Advanced Features.
- Expand the domain node, and then click Users.
- In the details pane, right-click the user for which you want to grant the Send as permission, and then click Properties.
- In <User> Properties, on the Security tab, click Advanced.
- In Advanced Security Settings for <User>, click Add.
- In the Enter the object name to select box, type the name of the mailbox user or the group to which you want to grant Send as permissions, and then click Check Name to verify the user or group. Click OK.
- In Permission Entry for <User>, in the Apply onto list, select This object only.
- In the Permissions list, locate Send As, and then select the Allow check box.
- Click OK to close the dialog boxes.
| New Messages
|| No New Messages
| Hot Topic w/ New Messages
|| Hot Topic w/o New Messages
| Locked w/ New Messages
|| Locked w/o New Messages
| Post New Thread
Reply to Message
Post New Poll
Delete My Own Post
Delete My Own Thread