• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Serious Help in 5.5 to 2003 Migration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Serious Help in 5.5 to 2003 Migration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Serious Help in 5.5 to 2003 Migration - 3.May2005 3:40:00 PM   
dawolff1

We are trying to come up with the best way to migrate from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Currently our Exchange 5.5 serve is in an NT 4.0 domain. It has a site name of Corp-HQ_KC. Want to move all mailboxes, public folders, distribution lists etc. to a new Exchange 2003 server in a Native Active Directory Domain. The Exchange 2003 server will not be (can't be) in the same Corp-HQ_KC site. What is everyone's suggestions on the easiest way to perform this migration. My team has now been arguing the best way for 5 months and I want to choose one method and move forward with it. Please help!
Post #: 1
RE: Serious Help in 5.5 to 2003 Migration - 7.May2005 10:05:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

Rename the display name of the sitename and then install Exchange 2003 into the renamed site (You can rename the display name in 5.5 without problems - do however always perform a backup before doing anything)

(in reply to dawolff1)
Post #: 2
RE: Serious Help in 5.5 to 2003 Migration - 21.Sep.2005 2:36:51 PM   
aje

I am migrating from 5.5 to 2003 also and was wondering if I should change the sitename now on the 5.5 server, or if I can just rename it on the new Exchange 2003 server after migration?

(in reply to rytmehans)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Serious Help in 5.5 to 2003 Migration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter