• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Serious calendar issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Serious calendar issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Serious calendar issues - 10.May2012 8:44:46 AM   
sabasigh

I originally posted on getting EXCDO errors after applying some hotfixes to my Exchange 2003: http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800511408/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#1800515063

I worked with Microsoft, sent them logs and even a copy of a edb...they couldn't determine the cause of my EXCDO errors or a fix. At that time, we weren't experiencing any user issues.

Well now it seems the wheels are about to go off. Recurring meetings are disappearing out of user calendars, shifting time slots, or showing up different in Outlook vs. their Webmail or mobile device.

Here's an example: recently my boss created a weekly recurring meeting with me with no end date. He then sent updates for future occurences; like vacation, holiday, etc. Well a couple weeks ago he canceled our weekly meeting. I clicked to remove from calendar and everything was fine. Well the day of the appt, i notice that it was still in my Outlook calendar, but I couldn't open the event, just said: "Cannot open this item. You changed one of the recurrences of this item, and this instance no longer exists. Close any open items and try again."

So this appt did NOT generate a reminder. It is NOT viewable in Webmail or my iPhone. I created another Outlook profile on another machine, and that appt shows up. I turned off cached mode...still shows up. On another machine, I opened Outlook in RPC online mode (vs our std RPC over HTTPS) and appt shows up.

I tried /cleanreminders...no difference. Here's something crazy...when i right-clicked the appt and delete...it deleted every single occurence of that meeting...nice.

This is just a sypmtom of some of the craziness I'm about to have. My upgrade to 2010 is still months away.

Right now, not sure where to start. Any suggestions?

< Message edited by sabasigh -- 10.May2012 8:49:15 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Serious calendar issues - 11.May2012 4:41:20 PM   
sabasigh

so here is something interesting. I posted the above before my weekly meeting. The "persistent" appt above was on 5/3 and the next occurence was 5/10. When the reminder popped up for the 5/10 meeting, it said "6 days past due." sounds like it was for the 5/3 appt.

Anyway, today I got a cancellation for 5/17 appt. I clicked "Remove from calendar" and immediately went to my Calendar. It was gone...and so was the 5/3 appt. Then after a minute or so, the appt reappared for 5/17 and it said "Cancelled: Weekly meeting."

I opened the item, asked if i wanted to open Occurence or Series...I chose Occurence and clicked "Remove from Calendar." It asked if i wanted to remove the 1 occurence or the series and i clicked Occurrence and now the 5/17 meeting is gone out of Outlook (2007.) I just checked my Webmail and it is NOT in there.

During the time period that i clicked "Remove from calendar" in the Update email from the Organizer and the time that it removed from my Calendar and then quickly re-appeared with "Cancelled: weekly Meeting" i checked my Exchange event logs:

There were 2 of these events:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: EXCDO
Event Category: General
Event ID: 8263
The recurring appointment expansion in mailbox Meeting Organizer has taken too long. Some recurring appointment instances may not be visible at this time. To ensure that the calendar view is correct, please refresh the calendar view in Microsoft Outlook Web Access.

Then:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
Event Category: Views
Event ID: 1173
Description:
Error 0x6bb deleting unused restricted view from folder 1-249B2B5 on database "1st Storage Group - Admin\Overhead A-H". Microsoft Exchange Information Store will try to delete the view again at the next maintenance interval.

I just checked the Organizer's calendar via Free/Busy. The 5/3 is not showing nor the 5/17.

Any ideas folks?

(in reply to sabasigh)
Post #: 2
RE: Serious calendar issues - 17.May2012 2:58:13 PM   
sabasigh

Here is another issue I'm seeing...just found this link that pretty much describes the situation: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/thread/fc3061c9-ab02-46f6-b67c-78806643acdf

Anyone using Touchdown?

(in reply to sabasigh)
Post #: 3
RE: Serious calendar issues - 27.Jun.2012 7:43:25 AM   
Gigabitz

Try re-installing the messaging and collaboration services which includes the calendaring connector.

If you have the Exchange 2003 auto accept com+ agent uninstall that as well and reinstall.

(in reply to sabasigh)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Serious calendar issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter