• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Set-OutlookProvider EXPR question and MSSTD

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Set-OutlookProvider EXPR question and MSSTD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Set-OutlookProvider EXPR question and MSSTD - 27.Apr.2011 12:57:58 PM   
butre

hi

quick background, we have 1 domain, with 2 offices (USA and UK), each office manages their own exchange server (currently exchange 2007) and we have our own name space

mailusa.domain.com and mailuk.domain.com but we share the same AD domain

i am currently in the process of building out an exchange 2010 setup for the UK office. I have setup a 3rd AD site namely the UK DR site

the UK and UK DR site will each have 1 CAS/HUB server and 2x MBX servers in the UK site and 1MBX server in the DR site. roughly based on this article http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2010/high-availability-recovery/designing-site-resilient-exchange-2010-solution-part3.html

i have decided to setup 2 namespaces mailuk and mailukdr for site failover as we do not have LAN type connectivity between the sites.

I wanted to run the command
Set-OutlookProvider EXPR –CertPrincipalName msstd:mailuk.domain.com
but realised that this would probably impact on the USA site as well (remember they are going to setup their own exchange 2010 server but not till 2012 or perhaps even later.

my question is as this is a global setting will this adversely impact on the USA site as they have a different MSSTD setting of mailpa.domain.com. I do not want autodiscovery service to overwrite their current site settings.

if it does affect them any suggestions on what to do in terms of UK to UKDR failover and how to deal with the MSSTD issue (we run outlook 2007 and soon 2010) 

many thanks

Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Set-OutlookProvider EXPR question and MSSTD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter