• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Set up HT server for internet connections

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Set up HT server for internet connections Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Set up HT server for internet connections - 26.Jul.2006 9:05:35 PM   
scorpiuss

From what I've read, this is dependent on the PermissionGroups attribute of the SMTP Receive Connector. By default, the one on the Hub Transport server is set for ExchangeUsers,ExchangeServers,ExchangeLegacyServers,Custom (run "get-receiveconnector -identity <ReceiveConnectorID> |format-list" and check the Permission Groups line). To enable internet access you've got to allow access to AnonymousUsers by running "Set-ReceiveConnector -identity <ReceiveConnectorID> -PermissionGroups AnonymousUsers". This worked fine.

However, I'd like to know how to use the Set-ReceiveConnector -PermissionGroups switch to allow multiple permission groups, like ExchangeServers and AnonymousUsers or the like. Anyone know?
Post #: 1
RE: Set up HT server for internet connections - 26.Jul.2006 9:35:35 PM   
scorpiuss

Well, I've figured it out. The proper syntax is as follows:

Set-ReceiveConnector -Identity <ReceiveConnectorID> -PermissionGroups "AnonymousUsers,ExchangeUsers,ExchangeServers,LegacyExchangeServers"

Basically, you need the quotation marks around the names. What's confusing is that the help for the Set-ReceiveConnector command indicates that the -PermissionGroups parameter doesn't accept multiple values. However, it does, at least to my non-developer eyes

(in reply to scorpiuss)
Post #: 2
RE: Set up HT server for internet connections - 10.Sep.2006 9:20:54 AM   
lesterw2

In Beta 2, the possible enumeration values for the PermissionsGroup parameter are "None, AnonymousUsers, ExchangeUsers, ExchangeServers, ExchangeLegacyServers, Partners, Custom".

Does anyone know exactly where these permission groups are defined?!??

Also, the Get-ReceiveConnector does not (apparently) return anything more than the connector name, its bindings, and whether or not its enabled.

(in reply to scorpiuss)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Set up HT server for internet connections Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter