• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Shared Tasks in public folders

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Shared Tasks in public folders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shared Tasks in public folders - 27.Sep.2006 5:10:45 PM   
WhoGivesYouExtra

If you create a task folder item in public folders, the delegation button disappears. I dont understand this because this would clearly be useful for a group who share their tasks. Does anyone else use shared tasks through public folders and if so have you come across this and/or have a solution?

Basically, i want a department to have a public folder with a task item in, that department will build up a list of tasks (a to do list) and someone would be responsible for delegating those tasks to each of the memebers of that department, but the tasks would still be visible for all members of that department to keep track of and see how they progress.

I know i could achieve this by creating a mailbox/AD user, but that would not be the right way, as far as i can tell the only thing preventing me is the delegate task button.

kind regards

Pete
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Shared Tasks in public folders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter