• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Strange problem sending mail

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Strange problem sending mail Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange problem sending mail - 9.Sep.2010 11:38:17 AM   
cdubya

We have an application our warehouse uses for processing package details and had been setup previous to our migration to exchange 2007 without incident. It worked perfectly sending confirmation details to the customer as the package details were completed in the app.

Recently, it fails to send stating an unexpected EHLO/HELO response was received.

I looked over the connection details in the program's smtp setup and everything is correct. You can even test smtp connectivity and send a generic test message from the application (using the same From:) and it will come through.

Following up on that thought, I opened a session with our mail server using the machine name and was able to send myself test messages just fine.

I'm having a little difficulty figuring out where this is breaking down and I am not the one who configured the Exchange server.

I don't come from Windows Server background, so I'm trying to figure out what will give me the best information. I know the logs are there and I wanted to try to utilize them. However, it looks like the message tracking may not be enabled or setup since it's prompting to join something and doesn't look like it's ready to be searched?

Thanks in advance,

C.
Post #: 1
RE: Strange problem sending mail - 9.Sep.2010 1:10:18 PM   
iberwall

Hi there,

You can check what is going on if you have protocol logging active on the receive connector, set its level to Verbose.

I Hope this helps. Let me know

bye,

Alberto Martín
Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCT
Cisco CCNA & CCNP

Iberwall Hosted Filtering
Transparent Smarthost & Exchange Anti Spam
http://www.iberwall.net

(in reply to cdubya)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Strange problem sending mail Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter