• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Strange question....Or is it?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Strange question....Or is it? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange question....Or is it? - 26.May2005 11:34:00 AM   
jond

Hi,

Our Exchange 2003 server has an "Archive" message store. A copy of all messages sent and received on the primary mail store are stored permanently here.

Is there any way to delete a message in the Archive store and have it also automatically deleted in the primary store? Or is there a way, from the System Manager console, to delete e-mails on a per message basis.

The scenario is that a set of highly confidential e-mails need to be completely removed from the server. The Admin can easily find them in the Archive mail store, but doesn't necessarily want to go looking through each person's mailbox for the other messages.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Strange question....Or is it? - 26.May2005 1:28:00 PM   
Exchange_Admin

"but doesn't necessarily want to go looking through each person's mailbox for the other messages."
If you know the subject line then you can use EXMERGE in archive mode to remove the messages from the users mailboxes.

(in reply to jond)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Strange question....Or is it? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter