• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Sunbelt Software's Exchange Archiver

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Sunbelt Software's Exchange Archiver Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sunbelt Software's Exchange Archiver - 19.Feb.2008 3:50:03 PM   
sdipietro

Hello.  I am the System Administrator for an organization that has over 100 users.  We are looking for a solution that would help reduce the size of the Exchange databases and allow us an easier way to recover email that is accidentally  (or purposely) deleted.  In my searches I found Sunbelt Software's Exchange Archiver, but have not found anyone yet who has implemented the software.  Does anyone have an experience with this and can give me some advice?  Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Sunbelt Software's Exchange Archiver - 20.Feb.2008 9:43:51 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi,

even i am searching for the same

I need a suggestion on archiving solution.
One of my client have exchange 2003 servers and mailbox is somewhere around 14XXXX and size of the database is 3TB
I need good archiving solution.
One question i have is : Do we really need SQL database?
can't i go without SQL Database?
Can store the archived data in a disk or tape?
I am searching for cheap and best.

(in reply to sdipietro)
Post #: 2
RE: Sunbelt Software's Exchange Archiver - 21.Feb.2008 2:53:31 PM   
dehcbad25

I would also love to know about the same topic.
I know GFI Mail Archiver can archive to NTFS, which would be perfect for us since we don't have a MsSQL database in place, but at the same time I would like to know if there are other archivers that might be better for the money or even cheaper.
I would love to hear what others are doing to accomplish email archive.

Learning is a process that never ends.

(in reply to ismail.mohammed)
Post #: 3
RE: Sunbelt Software's Exchange Archiver - 7.Mar.2008 9:25:31 AM   
rdy2taxi

I'm in the middle of researching Exchange archiving products currently.  WindowsITPro magazine recently published a article with a table of about two dozen archiving products, see:  http://www.windowsitpro.com/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook/Article/ArticleID/97738/MicrosoftExchangeOutlook_97738.html

Sunbelt Exchange Archiver looks promising, but I have yet to find anyone using it.  SEA replaces the messages in a mailbox with shortcuts, making archiving transparent to the end-users.  Based on the size of your environment, SEA can use SQL Express for storing the links to the archived items.  The messages are stored on a variety of media using a proprietary hierarchical storage manager (HSM).

I contacted the company for a trial download, since my company requires in-house testing before making any purchase.  Sunbelt does not offer a trial of SEA, just an online demo.  Unless you buy from a reseller, Sunbelt also requires that you purchase telephone install support ($495) when you buy the software.

(in reply to dehcbad25)
Post #: 4
RE: Sunbelt Software's Exchange Archiver - 24.Mar.2008 2:37:18 PM   
dehcbad25

Some of the solutions can be quite expensive.
However, I did find something interesting.
These archive solutions won't increase performance since they don't reduce item count.
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/03/14/395229.aspx
So, having that in mind, maybe a solution that adds a stub at the end (when the email starts being archived) so the user has a link to the archived emails, and not several stubs.

Learning is a process that never ends.

(in reply to sdipietro)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> 3rd Party Add-ons >> Sunbelt Software's Exchange Archiver Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter