• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Switching from Linux to SBS 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Switching from Linux to SBS 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Switching from Linux to SBS 2003 - 28.Feb.2007 6:42:32 AM   
andykewcomp

Customer is currently running SBS 4.5 which does not make use of Exchange. They also have a dual-NIC Linux box which works as both mail server and firewall. One NIC is connected to the outside world, the other one internally. Clients access email through Outlook using POP3 via the Linux box.

We are going to install a new SBS 2003 server for them and start making use of Exchange. We will also be installing 5 new XP workstations (replacing old ones). The new workstations will connect to the new server and get their mail via Exchange, whilst the old workstations (mainly all Win98) will remain on the old server and continue to get their mail via the Linux box until they get replaced in a few months.

So basically there will be two networks running for a few months as we’ll create a new domain for the new server.

Is it easy to pop the mail over from the Linux box to the SBS 2003 server? It will only be 5 users to start with. We’ll export their pst files on their old computers first, and then import it back into Outlook on the new workstations.

Any help or comments gratefully appreciated.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Switching from Linux to SBS 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter