• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. The serve

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. The serve Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The t... - 26.Apr.2006 12:18:33 PM   
phemmy

hi All,

I am developing a Web Application which need to send a mail to members of t he site. My Company runs an exchange server 2003 on Windows Server 2003. The web site is also hosted locally on a Window Server 2003. Ikeep getting the error below
"
The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. The server response was not available"

I tried using the ASP.net "System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send" and CDO library but both keep bringin the same error mesage. Please what can i do.

Babafemi.A.Akinlade
Post #: 1
RE: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. T... - 26.Apr.2006 4:49:41 PM   
uemurad

Most likely you are not allowing relaying through your Exchange server.  In the ESM, drill down to your server, then to Protocols-->SMTP-->Default SMTP Virtual Server, right click and go to Properties.  On the Access tab go to Relay and add the name or address of your application server.  At that point you should be able to Telnet through port 25 from that machine.  If it doesn't work right away, you may need to restart the SMTP service.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to phemmy)
Post #: 2
RE: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. T... - 26.Apr.2006 7:10:47 PM   
phemmy

I have already what you suggested. I cant still telnet from the Web/Application server. I have Two firewall on the network - 1 hardware and the Other ISA Server box.. Could any configuration on the Firewalll be responsible for this.
The Exchange Server is Doing every other thing on the network(OWA, OMA, etc) apart  from this.  Please help out

Babafemi.A.Akinlade

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. T... - 27.Apr.2006 4:24:41 PM   
g39n22e

I also have the same problem, i have added my webserver's ip on the computers allowed to relay and still cannot send and cannot telnet either. Below i'm posting the whole error message in case it helps out anyone

Send failure: System.Web.HttpException: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040211): The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. The server response was not available --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters) at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters) at System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) at System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) at MegaTrust_Site.Contact.btnCorrect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

(in reply to phemmy)
Post #: 4
RE: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. T... - 28.Apr.2006 3:27:22 PM   
uemurad

Are you able to Telnet from your application server to your Exchange server via port 25?  If not, check anything and everything in between.  You said you have two firewalls.  If they check traffic between the two servers, make sure that port 25 is open from AppServ to ExchServ.  Look for anything else that could block port 25 (common for AV to block these days).

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to g39n22e)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. The serve Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter