• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Trying to Install Exchange 2013... Readiness Check Error!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> Trying to Install Exchange 2013... Readiness Check Error! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trying to Install Exchange 2013... Readiness Check Error! - 24.Nov.2014 10:51:21 AM   
mlindquist

I am trying to install Exchange 2013 in our current environment (Cohabitation with Exchange 2007 for now). Updated Exchange 2007 with latest SP3 and hotfixes. Functional Domain level currently at 2003. Active Directory and Exchange server on Server 2003. We are staring the process of moving away from 2003 AD server and Exchange 2007. PROBLEM: Running the Readiness Check states that the installation can't continue because one or more servers in the existing domain is running exchange 2003. We haven't been on 2003 in 5 years. I have one 2008 Server now running active directory in preparation for this migration project. All hotfixes and updates are current. Can't get past this issue, anyone have any suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: Trying to Install Exchange 2013... Readiness Check ... - 24.Nov.2014 2:10:32 PM   
de.blackman

Was there a server that was running 2003 exchange and previously decommissioned or crashed?

On one of your domain controllers, open AD Sites and Services. On the view menu select to "show services node". Expand it until you see the Exchange organization and expand it till you see the servers. Any ghost servers in there?

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to mlindquist)
Post #: 2
RE: Trying to Install Exchange 2013... Readiness Check ... - 25.Nov.2014 11:24:12 AM   
mlindquist

We had an Exchange 2000 server many years ago. We hired a company to migrate us to 2007 and I performed the mailbox migrations. That server is LONG since gone. We keep our DNS, Active directory, PC objects well up to date and cleaned out. I do see a listing for an exchange server that we believe is our first OLD exchange server! WOW!! So, can I just delete that entry?

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 3
RE: Trying to Install Exchange 2013... Readiness Check ... - 26.Nov.2014 11:08:14 AM   
de.blackman

What version of exchange was this OLD server running? If it was running anything prior to exchange 2007 then yes go ahead and delete it.

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to mlindquist)
Post #: 4
RE: Trying to Install Exchange 2013... Readiness Check ... - 26.Nov.2014 11:10:20 AM   
mlindquist

The old version was Exchange 2000. So Do I delete the "SERVERS" that contain the old Exchange or just the old Exchange server name?

Post #: 5
RE: Trying to Install Exchange 2013... Readiness Check ... - 26.Nov.2014 11:13:35 AM   
mlindquist

OR the "First Administrative Group" which is the TOP of the Hierarchy that contacts the old SERVER?

(in reply to mlindquist)
Post #: 6
RE: Trying to Install Exchange 2013... Readiness Check ... - 28.Nov.2014 8:11:30 AM   
de.blackman

You want to delete ONLY the servername object not the SERVER container nor the administrative group.

Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to mlindquist)
Post #: 7
RE: Trying to Install Exchange 2013... Readiness Check ... - 1.Dec.2014 2:08:22 PM   
mlindquist

That worked! Thank you!!

Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2013] >> Installation >> Trying to Install Exchange 2013... Readiness Check Error! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter