• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Two-Factor Authentication Outlook Anywhere 2010

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Two-Factor Authentication Outlook Anywhere 2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two-Factor Authentication Outlook Anywhere 2010 - 13.Jul.2010 10:47:08 AM   
digitalz

I'm having a hard time finding a clear answer...  I am looking to deploy a two-factor authentication solution with Forefront UAG for Outlook Anywhere via Exchange 2010.  The two-factor solution includes client certificate authentication as one of the authentication factors (PKI already in place). 
The second factor is the NTLM authentication between the user and the Exchange CAS.

In this scenario we have something that the user has (client cert.) and something the user knows (username\password) which is automatically passed to the backend server via NTLM authentication.

Is it possible to deploy two-factor auth. for Outlook Anywhere with UAG?  If so, does anyone have any links you can provide regarding this type of setup?  Does this configuration still constitute itself as a two-factor solution? 

Thank you for your help!

< Message edited by digitalz -- 13.Jul.2010 12:55:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Two-Factor Authentication Outlook Anywhere 2010 - 13.Jul.2010 11:12:26 AM   
John Weber

Simply my opinion, but no, that is not two factor authentication.

Two factor auth is: something you know, something you have. RSA (or similar vendor) qualifies because you HAVE something (the key fob thingy) and something you KNOW (your user name/pw).

Cert and PW is not two factor.

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to digitalz)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Two-Factor Authentication Outlook Anywhere 2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter