• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Two Companies - User Emails Problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Two Companies - User Emails Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two Companies - User Emails Problem - 14.Dec.2004 10:50:00 PM   
Breamster

Hi there!

I am using SBS 2003 to administer 2 companies (in one building, on the same LAN).

All of these user accounts are situated in the default OU.

What I need to do is set the email addresses to the correct company domain, depending on which company the staff work for.

During the installation of SBS, the default domain was set up, call it company1.com, and each user has this as default. I have then created two POP3 Connectors to the different company ISPĂs. Manually I have gone through all the user accounts who work for the second company and renamed the default address to the new one ű username@company2.com, removing any entries to do with company1.com.

The issue I am having now is whenever I send a test email to a company2 email address (from outside the network ű i.e. from a hotmail account) I get a postmaster error email sent back and it states the email address with company1 as itĂs domain. Everything works fine when I send an email to a company1 user, and all gets delivered to their exchange account.

I definitely think my ˘manual change÷ is what is causing the problems, but am unsure on what to actually do, e.g create a separate OU for company2?

Kind Regards
Post #: 1
RE: Two Companies - User Emails Problem - 15.Dec.2004 6:25:00 PM   
Check following two things.

1) MX record for company2.com. in this case it may be okay.

2) In Exchange manager, under recipientient Policies to to properties of "Default Policies" and under "email address policy" you have company2.com defined.

Sandman

(in reply to Breamster)
  Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Two Companies - User Emails Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter