• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immediately!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immediately! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immediately... - 15.Apr.2004 7:48:00 AM   
sankurian

Dear all,

I am unable to mount Mailbox Store and so users cannot access their mailboxes. I tried restarting the services and the system. When i try to manually mount the Mailbox Store, it is showing the following error.
"An internal processing error has occured. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsot Echange Information Store service or both.
ID no: c1041724
Exchange System Manager
"

ANd when I tried to move the databse location of the Mailbox Store, it is showing the error that the datase is inconsistent.

I have run norton and trend micro antivirus scanning tools recently in the system
Whether the data in my mailboxes will be affected or not?
I am badly in need for help.

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 15.Apr.2004 12:08:00 PM   
vitro06

Error C1041724 When You Try to Mount Exchange Server 2000 Databases
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=284205

[ April 15, 2004, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Bill Brown ]

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 15.Apr.2004 8:43:00 PM   
jbail1

NEVER scan the mdbdata (or where ever your datastore is) directory or the M: drive. I think this is the most common way to hose an Exchange server. Follow the directions given in the article referenced above to attempt repair. I hope you have a good backup.

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 16.Apr.2004 3:42:00 PM   
sankurian

Thank u very much for ur reply. But when I did according to that article, I got the result as the database not consistent (state=dirty shutdown). But there is nothing in that article for solving this. they simply saying that "the log files may not have been committed to the databse yet." so what next?

Actually, I don't have any recent backup of my database. I badly in need to recover my existing database, so please give some solution as soon as possible, if you can.

With thanks and regards

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 16.Apr.2004 6:42:00 PM   
jbail1

Run eseutil /r to replay the logs and bring the database consistent. If that doesn't work the logs or a log are missing or corrupt.
Run eseutil /p accept the dialog telling you the db is not consistent. It will run and clean up the tables. After it completes move or delete ALL the log files including the base E00 log and mount the store.

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 16.Apr.2004 9:08:00 PM   
sankurian

I have run eseutil /p and successfully repaired the database. ANd when I checked the state, it became clean shutdown (consistent).
But when I tried to mount the store (after removing(with backup) the logs in the MDBDATA dir.), I got the same error message as I have given above in my first post. And after that when I checked the database using eseutil /mh , the state again come to dirty shutdown( inconsistent).
My drive containing the MDBDATA directory with the databases and log files, is almost full (means not much free space). Is that a problem?
Please reply me fast if u can

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 6
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 19.Apr.2004 1:54:00 PM   
jbail1

Yes drive space could be a problem. How much do you have? Make sure you remove the base log file and the checkpoint file. You need around 500M free space.

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 7
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 29.Apr.2004 1:15:00 PM   
alkeshc

I have seen this recently with one of my information stores also. I have exchnage 5.5 running on Windows 2000 and have had to run teh eseutil /p on a restored databse due to inconsistencies. I have found two articles on teh MS websites stating that two things you need to do after the repair is completed are to delete all the log files and also delete the pub.edb. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q185577

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 8
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 29.Apr.2004 2:23:00 PM   
MadMike

Do NOT delete the pub.edb

I repeat do NOT delete the pub.edb unless you want to lose all your public folder data.

You need to run eseutil on all IS Store databases

priv and pub then delete all log files (i recommend moving them to a back up folder until the store is on-line.

Mike

quote:
Originally posted by Phixit:
I have seen this recently with one of my information stores also. I have exchnage 5.5 running on Windows 2000 and have had to run teh eseutil /p on a restored databse due to inconsistencies. I have found two articles on teh MS websites stating that two things you need to do after the repair is completed are to delete all the log files and also delete the pub.edb. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q185577

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 9
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 5.May2004 7:43:00 PM   
wmarderness

I also had a similar problem with the mail store. After I deleted all of the ED0*.log files I had no problems mounting the store. My questions is, Can you automaticly deleted these logs? I had over 8000 5mb log file on my server when I did this.

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 10
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 26.May2004 12:36:00 AM   
jexx

I have a similar problem.
I have restored the logs and had to :-( do a repair with the /p option.
It works and shows 'Clean Shutdown' (Exchange 2000) status.
However, when I try to remount the stores the original error (Error: c1041724) reappears and whichever mailbox or public store I attempted to mount is now set as 'Dirty Shutdown' again. A simple eseutil /r E00 will set it back to 'Clean', *but* the problem reappears in the same way over and over again..

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 11
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 24.Jun.2004 7:17:00 PM   
Thank you all, i'mfrench, and I have the same problem. By following all your instructions step by step all beacame fine !
Thank you all

(in reply to sankurian)
  Post #: 12
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 24.Jun.2004 8:07:00 PM   
tommy.yu

Here is a great Forums, I solved my problem following your instruction. Thank you very much!

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 13
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 23.Jul.2004 1:44:00 AM   
I had this problem when I was testing a complete rebuild of our exchange server and found this to work.

Im running Exchange2003 on Windows Server 2003.

1. Make sure that Exchange that youre restoring to has the exact patches and service packs as the old Exchange server. (This is simple... but I'm telling you I know too many people that havent done this step!)

2. Make sure that if the database (priv1.edb + priv1.stm) is over 16Gig then upgrade Exchange Enterprise Eedition or do what Microsoft recommend in this situation...

3. Make sure that you have not run out of space on your hard drive. It is a good practice to have one and a half times more space on your drive then the size of your exchange database. I.e. if your database is 20gigs then have 30gigs free. So you can play with files if you have to ;-)

4. I basically followed this Method3 on this Microsoft Article 823176 to rebuild my exchange,

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823176&Product=exch2003

Note1: that I created a new AD domain, separate from my current domain so as not to screw up my current exchange server.
Note2: Check your install to make sure you follow point 4 and dont rush ahead with installing Exchange on point 2.
Note3: Make sure that you select "This database can be overwritten by a restore"

5. Next I had no log files so eseutil /r would not run I only had a recovered priv1.pst and priv1.stm file from our backup client - Tivoli TDP for Exchange. I also deleted all log files that the system had created.

6. From the command prompt under directory c:\Program files\Exchsrvr\bin\ I preformed eseutil /p <drive>:\..\priv1.edb (shut down the Exchange Information Store before you do this).

6. Before mounting the file start the Exchange Information Store service then check from the exchange manager that the database still has the tag "This database can be overwritten by a restore" checked. For some reason this unchecked its self

7. Mount the database. Great after messing around for 3days I found this procedure not to produce that pesky c1041724 error.

Cheers
James
jhodgson@skytv.co.nz
[Smile]

(in reply to sankurian)
  Post #: 14
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 3.Aug.2004 11:41:00 PM   
Thak you, thank you, thank you.....
My server is working fine now
eseutil /p "name database" is good......
i will try respond futures questions about this...
Bye from Spain.Madrid.

(in reply to sankurian)
  Post #: 15
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 1.Sep.2004 5:55:00 AM   
Thanks, All of you I had the same problem but managed to solve it by following your instructions.

Bye from Sri Lanka

(in reply to sankurian)
  Post #: 16
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 6.Sep.2004 7:54:00 AM   
Braingears

I am running into a bad situation! I am currently MISSING the PRIV1.STM file. It is totally missing. When I went to restore from tape, I found the tapes were bad.

How can I re-create the PRIV1.STM file?
Can I save the PRIV1.EDB Data?

Chuck

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 17
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 6.Sep.2004 5:06:00 PM   
computergeek925

You ought to look at PSM to revert your exchange database when corruption occurs.Go to the site www.cdp.com and click the support or sales section and they will help you.

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 18
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 8.Oct.2004 11:37:00 PM   
If the private mailbox store *.STM file may need to recreate, please use the following command:

eseutil /p /createstm "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb"

(in reply to sankurian)
  Post #: 19
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 15.Nov.2004 9:05:00 PM   
marcm

Here's my error. I was running an anti-spam program, and it errored the EDB files of my Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003. I was finally able to get the eseutil /r to read a clean shutdown, but doing an eseutil /p to recover the data, it errors out on the 3rd step and fails.

Any suggestions?

(in reply to sankurian)
Post #: 20

Page:   [1] 2   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immediately! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter