• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server - 5.Dec.2004 7:19:00 AM   
axlr8fullrpm

I completed transferring mailboxes to the new server but there is one stalled mailbox which has a red X-mark on it, I tried to purge the mailbox but it says that the mailbox is connected to user. What is causing this problem, i want to completely uninstall the old server. please help! thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server - 5.Dec.2004 11:08:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

Have you tried this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279220 to make sure that no other mail enabled users exist on the server?

(in reply to axlr8fullrpm)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server - 6.Dec.2004 3:33:00 PM   
axlr8fullrpm

i tried to use the ldp.exe utility but it doesnt show any mail enabled user. And unfortunately i accidentally deleted the Mailbox Store. What should I do?

Post #: 3
RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server - 6.Dec.2004 11:00:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

What is the exact error message you get when trying to uninstall the exchange services?

In active directory users and computers you should also be able to search for users with mailboxes homed on the server, but it should be possible to uninstall the server while the SA, SMTP and systemmailbox still resides in a store.

Post #: 4
RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server - 7.Dec.2004 3:22:00 PM   
axlr8fullrpm

The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because: one or more users currently use a mailbox store on the server.

My problem now is i accidentally deleted the mailbox store, are the individual mailboxes get deleted once you delete the mailbox store?

Post #: 5
RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server - 7.Dec.2004 3:25:00 PM   
axlr8fullrpm

Can i just disjoin the old server from domain and reformat it? if yes, how am i going to remove the orphaned objects left by the old server on the active directory?

Post #: 6
RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server - 8.Dec.2004 11:05:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278918 explains how to remove the server from AD

Post #: 7
RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server - 22.Dec.2004 10:24:00 AM   
ppeedu

Hi.

1. Use ADSI edit, expand the configuration container.
2. Drill down to the Mailbox store of the server you want to remove.

Configuration / services / Microsoft Exchange / etc..

3. Take properties of the mailbox store, then check the attribute homeMDBBL

Here you have the list of all mailboxes located on this mailbox store.

Dont worry about the following mailboxes.

Microsoft System Attendant
SMTP
SystemMailbox

Any other mailbox you have here move that mailbox to a diffrent server or remove the Exchange attributes on that user object.

Thanks

Peter

Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter