• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS - 8.Aug.2007 2:27:22 AM   
xcut

we have several AD sites outside of our country.for all of them theres a SMTP-connector configured who

"uses DNS to route to each address space on this connector" 

since that solution doesnt really work, i need something else because it happens that frequently users cannot receive/send mails from/to other domains (i.e.gmail.com) and all the massages get queued.

anyone has a good idea?

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS - 8.Aug.2007 10:10:39 AM   
uemurad

Help me understand your environment.

Where are those servers getting their DNS information?
What happens to the inbound messages that don't arrive, and what path do those messages take to get to the particular server?
When you notice the problem, do all messages get queued or just some?
Are all of these servers in the same AD forest?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to xcut)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS - 9.Aug.2007 3:23:46 AM   
xcut

ok.
for the SMTP connectors,i have set to "forward all mails through this connector to the following smart hosts". this seems to work,although there are about 16 mails with an unreachable destination.

all servers are in the same forest,each site has its own DSN-zone and subnet.

the inbound messages were stuck in the queue,waiting to get delivered.this is not the case anymore now.

not all of them got queued,just some.

our DNS get forwarded through our firewall to our provider.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS - 9.Aug.2007 9:39:30 AM   
uemurad

quote:

for the SMTP connectors,i have set to "forward all mails through this connector to the following smart hosts". this seems to work,although there are about 16 mails with an unreachable destination
Is the smarthost a system you control, or is it external to your environment (e.g. at your ISP)?  What can you tell me about those 16 messages?  Anything in common (e.g. recipient domain alway fails, type of attachment, etc.)?
quote:

the inbound messages were stuck in the queue,waiting to get delivered.this is not the case anymore now
Did they get delivered, or did they expire?  Is this part no longer a problem?
quote:

not all of them got queued,just some
Where are they trying to get to (external domain, other server in your Exch Org, sibling domain within your AD forest)?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to xcut)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS - 9.Aug.2007 9:46:45 AM   
xcut

the smarthost is our main exchange server,all incoming and outgoing mails are going thru there and get forwarded to other exchange servers here.

the general problem all those mails have are that they come from domains line "gmail.com", "l-3com.com","boeing.com" etc.

for a while they did expire,abut after the change they got delivered quickly.since then we dont have anymore queues. and if,the disappear fast because the mails get delivered quickly-therefore,no more problems with them.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS - 9.Aug.2007 10:30:35 AM   
uemurad

quote:

for a while they did expire,abut after the change they got delivered quickly.since then we dont have anymore queues. and if,the disappear fast because the mails get delivered quickly-therefore,no more problems with them.
I'm confused now - is there still an issue to be resolved?  If so, can you please restate it?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to xcut)
Post #: 6
RE: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS - 9.Aug.2007 10:37:06 AM   
xcut

yes,because it happens that mails from some users still dont get sent or received. this is what gives me a headache

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 7
RE: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS - 9.Aug.2007 10:42:12 AM   
uemurad

Please use Message Tracking to follow any outbound messages as far as you can (start from the mailbox server, then the smart host).  If the message leaves your environment, check your SMTP log to see if anything odd shows up there, and also try to manually create/send a message to that outside address - first from the mailbox server, then from the smart host.
http://exchangeguy.blogspot.com/2007/06/using-telnet-to-simulate-server.html

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to xcut)
Post #: 8
RE: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS - 15.Aug.2007 11:45:38 PM   
ronaldibay

Good day!

I'm a newbie in the forum. And 'tis is my first post.
We do have this "Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS" error too.
It so happened that we transferred to a new ISP and there are some changes in our DNS entries. Our domain is registered in NetworkSolutions.com where we submit our DNS entries from our ISP. I do have one Front-End server (FE1) and two Back-End Servers (BE1 and BE2). Everything works fine before for our internal and external mails. But when our DNS entries was changed, our external mails (incoming/outgoing) has been totally erratic. Our new ISP gave us a Primary and Secondary DNS Server to use  (both caching and authoritative). The public IP of FE1 is set to its Authoritative DNS IP. They said they have already configured our DNS entries (A, IN, MX)

Running a DNS lookup for my domain returns a Primary DNS to be a "Lame Nameserver". Does this mean our ISP gave us a non-functional DNS Server? Or we have some other configurations to make in our server to communicate with our ISP's DNS Server? Their DNS IP is pingable.

Do I have to add some DNS entries in my server? (A, SOA, MX, etc.)

Outgoing mails are queued and keeps on retrying to send. Do I have to add some SMTP connector? Any other workaround with regards to this.

Any reply will be highly appreciated.

TIA,
Ronald

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter