• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to delete message with an unreachable destination

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Unable to delete message with an unreachable destination Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to delete message with an unreachable destination - 13.Aug.2010 3:40:03 AM   
zwier

Hello,

This is my first post here, so if there is anything missing in my question please tell me.

Im having trouble with 1 message that seems stuck in the "Messages with an unreachable destination". Its most likely a spam message, but i cant delete it from there. If i use the right mouse button on the message the only option i get is the properties. In the properties itself theres almost no info, no message ID, no sender, no subject....
The field "Time expires" is filled with a date that is allready past.

My question is:
Is there a way to delete this message manualy or will the message be cleared after a sudden time? I allready searched the mailroot folders but they are empty, maybe these messages are stored in a folder i dont know off.

Message details:
Message size: 1059
Time of submission: 9-8-2010
Time expires: 11-8-2010
Delivery failures: 0
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to delete message with an unreachable destin... - 13.Aug.2010 10:54:42 AM   
uemurad

How are you seeing this "stuck" message?
Is that message causing a problem for your system?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to zwier)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to delete message with an unreachable destin... - 13.Aug.2010 11:39:49 AM   
zwier

Hi uemurad, thx for your reply.

I see the message when i open de queues.
http:://www.flickr.com/photos/52969910@N03/4888439652/sizes/l/in/photostream
See link for screenshot i made.

The problem i have with this is that i monitor the SMTP queue growt, i get alerts all the time becoze the queue is growing thanks to this message.
For the mean time i adjusted the settings for the monitoring, but i hope to get rid of the message as you can imagine.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to delete message with an unreachable destin... - 13.Aug.2010 1:24:28 PM   
uemurad

The default Exchange settings is that it will retry a message for 2 days (set in the Default SMTP Virtual Server). When you right click on a message in the Find Messages list, you should get the choices to Freeze, Unfreeze, and Delete (with or without NDR). Your screen capture didn't show it - what choices are you given?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to zwier)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to delete message with an unreachable destin... - 17.Aug.2010 2:16:29 AM   
zwier

The only choice i get is "properties".
All others are greyed out.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to delete message with an unreachable destin... - 26.Aug.2010 5:33:43 AM   
zwier

Found the solution.

Stopping and starting the SMTP services cleared the queue.

(in reply to zwier)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Unable to delete message with an unreachable destination Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter