• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to remove Virtual Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Unable to remove Virtual Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to remove Virtual Server - 7.Jan.2011 11:06:33 AM   
jutlak

We had a 2 node cluster under Exchange 2003, we did a Exchange transition to Exchange 2007 from Exchange 2003 and now I am decommissioning Exchange 2003 cluster.

I evicted and removed the passive node already, but when I try removing the active and only node, I take offline the SA and then "Remove Virtual server" from Cluster admin, I get a error on the Exchange cluster administration Extension: Access is denied, Facility: Win32, ID no: c0070005

I have checked my permissions and all look OK. I am using the Domain admin account which has Full Exchange Permissions. I have also removed/ uninstalled AV product and check all that I could think of and can't see why this is happening.

Do I need to take the Virtual Server Offline ? I am following the Microsoft KB article of removing Exchange Virtual Server but that says Take SA offline and not the Virtual Server. Please advice what could be stopping me from removing the vitual server ?

< Message edited by jutlak -- 8.Jan.2011 5:31:47 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to remove Virtual Server - 11.Jan.2011 10:37:02 AM   
jutlak

figured this out - what because of an Orpan mailbox

(in reply to jutlak)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Unable to remove Virtual Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter