• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 Message Rejected SCL

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 Message Rejected SCL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 Message Rejected SCL - 2.Jun.2006 4:33:01 PM   
TCheck

Hello all;
I have had my Exchange 2003 server up and running well for over 2 years.  The past couple of weeks, clients sent me emails to my email address that has been wroking well for years and they have received an rejection notice like the following;

-----Original Message-----
[
[email=MAILER-DAEMON@xxx.com]mailto:MAILER-DAEMON@xxx.com[/email]]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 8:58 AM
To: DeFosset, Nick
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
The following message to <toddz@mycompany.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 Message Rejected SCL = 8'

If they re-send the message it comes through fine.  It only happens on occasion.  Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 Message Rejected SCL - 2.Jun.2006 10:28:18 PM   
AdminFix

This shows that the IMF, which is installed by default with Exchange 2003 SP2, has a SCL rating of less than 8 for rejecting messages. You may find out if you are using IMF by going to default virtual SMTP Server --> advanced general settings. It could also be one of your spam filtering software like Symnatec Mail Security, GFi, Mail Marshal as they have an SCL rating based mail scanning system.

What you may also want to do is to expose the SCL rating and fine-tune your IMF accrodingly. Alternatively you can configure it to send all such mails which don't meet IMF criteria to be sent to Junk mail folder of Outlook. However, please remember that the Junk Mail Folder Option has to be enabled through OWA of the user.

To Expose the SCL rating of a message, you can use the following lins:

Exchange Support Team Article
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/05/26/142607.aspx

MSExchange.Org Article
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Microsoft-Exchange-Intelligent-Message-Filter.html

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know.

(in reply to TCheck)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 Message Rejected SCL Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter