• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Upgrade to 2003 from 5.5

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Upgrade to 2003 from 5.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrade to 2003 from 5.5 - 28.Apr.2004 10:21:00 PM   
Xignals

I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on a 2000 Server with SP4. It is a member server in a Server 2003 AD running in native 2000 mode(I have a 2000 Server DC). I have upgraded the Domain from NT4.

I have been reading the articles about migrating to a new server and want to make sure I understand some things.

By running the check list for Exchange 2003 and installing the ADC, will that cause any problems with the current mail server if I decide not to install Exchange 2003 for a few more months?

I want to put the new Exchange server behind ISA Server. When would I do the server publishing in ISA-before or after removing the Exchange 5.5 server? The current Exchange server is not behind ISA and has two NICs in it. The only firewall it is behind is the router.

Thank you for any help. "[Roll
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Upgrade to 2003 from 5.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter