• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Upgrading 2003 Exchange Standard to Exchange 2003 Enterprise

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Upgrading 2003 Exchange Standard to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrading 2003 Exchange Standard to Exchange 2003 Enter... - 3.Nov.2009 12:58:16 PM   
jrothfork

I am running out of room in my information store on my exchange 2003 standard install. I am considering upgrading to the enterprise version. I want to know what the process is for upgrading. Does the upgrade save all of the settings from the standard install, or do I need to set up all of the settings and policies again? Thank you so much for help.

Jesse Rothfork
Systems Administrator
Suntan Supply
1 (320) 654-0551 ext 143
jrothfork@suntansupply.org
Post #: 1
RE: Upgrading 2003 Exchange Standard to Exchange 2003 E... - 3.Nov.2009 1:05:26 PM   
mark@mvps.org

Back it up.
Make sure you know it's good by perhaps restoring it into the RSG.
Delete it from the RSG and remove the RSG
Insert the EE disk
Setup.exe and "re-install"
Back it up again.
Restore that backup to the RSG as before.
Go down to the pub.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to jrothfork)
Post #: 2
RE: Upgrading 2003 Exchange Standard to Exchange 2003 E... - 3.Nov.2009 1:08:51 PM   
jrothfork

You'll have to excuse my knowledge in exchange. This is the first time administering exchange. I took over for a guy who quit, and I'm learning all on my own. What is RSG? Thanks!

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3
RE: Upgrading 2003 Exchange Standard to Exchange 2003 E... - 3.Nov.2009 1:16:31 PM   
mark@mvps.org

Google for Recovery Storage Group.
It's a good way of taking your existing backup and restoring it to your existing server without overwriting the live store. Great way of making sure what was backed up can actually be restored.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to jrothfork)
Post #: 4
RE: Upgrading 2003 Exchange Standard to Exchange 2003 E... - 3.Nov.2009 1:20:49 PM   
jrothfork

OK, thank you very much. I think you have guided me in the right direction. Cheers! I think I'm going to head to the pub now though...

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Upgrading 2003 Exchange Standard to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter