• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Upgrading 2 * Exchange 2000 servers to Exchange 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Upgrading 2 * Exchange 2000 servers to Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrading 2 * Exchange 2000 servers to Exchange 2003 - 8.Sep.2010 11:12:05 AM   
iwilson68

Hi,

I will be upgrading two old exchange 2000  Servers to Exchange 2003 in the next couple of weeks. Both currently run on Win2k Advanced servers which are also DCs and I will deal with the AD and OS upgrades after. First stage is to bring them up to Exchange 2k Native once I have got shot of the remaining Exchange 5.5 server (yes it is all really old) adn I am ok with this.

My question is around the actual upgrade of each box to Exchange 2003 ent and I am probably being a bit overcautious. When I go for the Upgrade do I select the 3rd option "Upgrade from Exchange 2000 native mode"? Will this upgrade exchange on this particular server and put it into exchange 2003 mixed mode and allow the other exchange 2000 server to be upgraded immediately after?

Just want to ensure that I do not have issues with the second exchange server. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> Upgrading 2 * Exchange 2000 servers to Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter