• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Use TLS instead of SSL for greater security with OWA/ActiveSync and RPC HTTPS

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> Tips & Tricks >> Use TLS instead of SSL for greater security with OWA/ActiveSync and RPC HTTPS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Use TLS instead of SSL for greater security with OWA/Ac... - 17.Nov.2007 5:15:49 AM   
rishishah

Use TLS instead of SSL for greater security with OWA/ActiveSync and RPC HTTPS.

This can be done for Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 and IE6/IE7, WM5/WM6 and Outlook 2003/2007 will automatically switch to using the more better encryption.

Ideally do this change on your reverse proxy only or if you have a seperate FE (Exchange 2003) or CAS (Exchange 2007). Do not do this on servers hosting mailboxes at all or if you run a single server solution.

On a reverse proxy see if you can force it to use TLS instead of SSL... for ISA 2004/2006 its easy... choose the Use FIPS Encryption (Group Policy Object).

Same applies if you do this on your Seperate FE or CAS server. But i prefer to do it on the reverse proxy than any where else.

Why use SSL when you can implement TLS with such ease.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Exchange Server Misc] >> Tips & Tricks >> Use TLS instead of SSL for greater security with OWA/ActiveSync and RPC HTTPS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter