• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Users Dropping from Distribution Lists

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Users Dropping from Distribution Lists Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Users Dropping from Distribution Lists - 7.Nov.2005 8:31:37 PM   
igott

I am in the middle of a large Intra Org Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration that consists of roughly 100 Exchange 5.5 sites that are being consolidated to about 4-8 Exchange 2003 Site/Administrative groups that will consists of Exchange 2003 clusters. The migration itself has been going smooth except for one major annoyance with users dropping out of DL's.

Currently the Exchange 2003 SP1 version of the ADC is running and replicating the 5.5 directory between multiple Windows Server 2003 mode domains in a Windows 2003 forest. Everything appears okay with the recipient connection agreements and all objects seem to have replicated over from the 5.5 directory to AD and back to the 5.5 directory when changes are applied to objects in AD.

I have seem docs that mention this could be related to replication latency...well the two sites that contain most of the DL's that are exhibiting these issues are in the LA and Virtual Office sites that are on the same LAN segments as the ADC server and the DC/GC's being used by ADC.

The only fix I have come up with at this point is if I add the user back and replication the recipient CA the change is replicated from AD to 5.5 and it may not happen again for that user but at other times the issues seems repetitive yet very unpredictable.

Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ion V. Gott
Principal Consultant
CISSP, MCSE + Security/Messaging
Certified OCTAVE Trainer

DynTek, Inc.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Users Dropping from Distribution Lists Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter