• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Using ONE exchange 2000 in a domain with 2 child domains

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Using ONE exchange 2000 in a domain with 2 child domains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using ONE exchange 2000 in a domain with 2 child domains - 21.Aug.2003 4:44:00 PM   
mvaz

Hello!
I have an AD with a domain and 2 child domains. I have ONE exchange server instaled at the first domain controler and I want to set up e-mail accounts to users in child domains use.
Does anyone have any idea how to do it?
I'm trying to avoid creating all user accounts at the first domain controller (where E2k is installed).
Please help!
Post #: 1
RE: Using ONE exchange 2000 in a domain with 2 child do... - 22.Aug.2003 5:42:00 PM   
ccolvard

I'm not the right person to answer this, since I'm struggling with similiar issues myself. But I believe you will need to
1)run setup /domainprep on a DC in each of the child domains. This sets up the permissions in AD for the Exchange Server box to administer the domain users' Exchange mailboxes;
2)manually add a Recipient Update Service for each of the child domains on the Exchange Server, using System Manager, and optionally add new Recipient Policies with filters that apply specifically to users in each domain;
3)run the exchange server setup program to install just the System Manager on any W2K or WXP computer you want to use for administration (does not need to be a DC or even a server, just needs the AD admin tools installed). This adds the ability to administer Exchange parameters in Active Directory Users and Computers.

(in reply to mvaz)
Post #: 2
RE: Using ONE exchange 2000 in a domain with 2 child do... - 22.Aug.2003 6:27:00 PM   
mvaz

Seems a good idea to me, but how about the exchange licences????
I only have one exchange server 2000 standard licence. Do I need more licences to install only system manager???
Thanks for your help....I'll try to do what your proposing

(in reply to mvaz)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Using ONE exchange 2000 in a domain with 2 child domains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter