• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Using SMTP for same domain email

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Using SMTP for same domain email Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using SMTP for same domain email - 22.Jan.2007 10:04:00 AM   
AndrasVancsa

Greetings:

Please excuse me if this question has been asked and answered before.  I am new with small business server and have the following question.

I have exhange server running on the following machine:

computer1.example.com

I can receive email from the POP3 Connector service perfectly fine.  I can also send mail to any other account other than ones in the example.com domain.  We use Network Solutions for our email currently, and would like to continue to do so until the change over to our exchange server is complete.

The problem comes when we try to send email to anybody in the example.com domain.  The exchange server looks for, and does not find the email address on its local domain, and it spits out the message that "The message could not be delivered because no user can be found on this machine that matches it." 

Is there any way around this problem? Is there a setting that I am missing that would allow the server to route ALL email that is outbound to my SMTP mail server at Network Solutions?

Thanks in advance,

Andras Vancsa

Post #: 1
RE: Using SMTP for same domain email - 30.Jan.2007 3:49:16 AM   
rajeshtcc

Configure the SMTP virtual server in Exchange to send mail with unresolved recipients to the Internet service provider's (ISP's) mail server. To do this, follow these steps:

Click Start, point to Programs or to All Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.

Expand Servers, expand Servername, expand Protocols, and then expand SMTP.

Note If Exchange System Manager is configured to display the administrative groups, you must expand Administrative Groups before you expand Servers. Then expand the administrative group that contains the mail server.

Right-click the SMTP virtual server, and then click Properties.

Click the Messages tab, type the name or the IP address of the ISP's mail server under Forward all mail with unresolved recipients to host, and then click OK.

The SMTP mail server that you specify must be the ISP mail server that receives messages for the POP3 accounts. This may be different from the POP3 server that you connect to when you download messages from the ISP.

Right-click the SMTP virtual server, and then click Stop.

Right-click the SMTP virtual server, and then click Start.

Note In this case, any e-mail that local users send to recipients that do not exist on your server will be forwarded to the ISP's mail server.

(in reply to AndrasVancsa)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Using SMTP for same domain email Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter