• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Utility to search items in public folders exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Public Folders >> Utility to search items in public folders exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Utility to search items in public folders exchange - 12.Dec.2002 9:38:00 PM   
pcumming

Any components, utilities, add-ins to allow the searching of public folder contents?

We currently have Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2002/XP. Will move to Exchange 2000 in late 2003

We need a DLL or component solution that will allow us via a VB or Intranet ASP program to be able to read the contents of Exchange folders and subfolders.

Assume that an exchange folder has a posting in it that has text and a Word document.

We want a utility/DLL, etc.. that will allow us to programmatically pass information to that will be used to search a folder or set of folders and bring back items that match criteria we pass it.

Criteria may be Boolean in nature. Also the search must be able to read the contents of the posting in the exchange folder as well as the document attached.

For instance we may search on a phrase such as "Resin and Polyester and > 1950 and Author = Hernandez"

The item in the Exchange folder must have the words mentioned above IN IT **OR** IN THE the Office type attachment (if there is one). It also must have a creation/modified, etc... date > 1950 and an author (usually posted in Exchange folders) as "Hernandez".

We need to call this utility, component, etc.. from another program as we are building a web interface around it.

Thanks for any assistance on this.

Sincerely, Peter
pcumming@yahoo.com
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Public Folders >> Utility to search items in public folders exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter