• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Virus reported by Groupshield

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Virus reported by Groupshield Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Virus reported by Groupshield - 22.Sep.2004 7:26:00 PM   
oeisenhauer

I am getting the following message every 5 seconds.

The file document_jchapple.zip is infected with W32/Netsky.p@MM!zip. Detected with Scan Engine 4.3.20 DAT version 4.3.4391.(from PWALLEN-NS IP 10.1.0.1 user SYSTEM running GroupShield 5.20.664.0 AVExch32)

I have scanned the entire server for viruses and it comes back clean. I have searched for the file mentioned and cannot find it. I used ExMerge to search the mailboxes for the file document_jchapple.zip and could not find it.

This is running on a Windows 2000 SBS.

Any suggestions?

Orin
Post #: 1
RE: Virus reported by Groupshield - 3.Nov.2004 12:09:00 AM   
Andrew_B

I have the same problem. The file varies. And the virus is usually just '_'. Sometimes its Hybris

257: Alert Manager Event Log Alert: The file text_document.zip is infected with '_'. Detected with Scan Engine 4.1.60 DAT version 4.1.4192.(from SANDB001 IP 192.168.*.* user SYSTEM running GroupShield 5.20.664.0 AVExch32)

Please help. It looks like on other pages there is a solution, but its hungarian!

(in reply to oeisenhauer)
Post #: 2
RE: Virus reported by Groupshield - 3.Nov.2004 12:58:00 PM   
oeisenhauer

I think I found a solution. There are two ways to quarantine, one is to a database and the other is to a directory. The default is to a database. I changed mine to quarantine to a directory and the problem went away. [Smile]

(in reply to oeisenhauer)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> Virus reported by Groupshield Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter