• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Voice Mail Integration and Virtual Server Support

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Unified Messaging >> Voice Mail Integration and Virtual Server Support Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Voice Mail Integration and Virtual Server Support - 27.Jul.2010 4:10:25 PM   
smiley14

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if virtualization is supported if you want Voicemail integrated with Exchangge 2010? We are a small shop with at least 120 users and recently upgraded to Exchange 2010 on a VM server (ESX). We now want voicemail integrated and wodering if we can just stick with our VM setup?

Thanks!

Smiley14
Post #: 1
RE: Voice Mail Integration and Virtual Server Support - 27.Jul.2010 9:22:41 PM   
markmorow

The UM 2010 role is not supported in a VM.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996719.aspx

Mark Morowczynski|MCT| MCSE 2003:Messaging, Security|MCITP:ES, SA,EA|MCTS:Windows Mobile Admin|Security+|http://almostdailytech.com

(in reply to smiley14)
Post #: 2
RE: Voice Mail Integration and Virtual Server Support - 28.Jul.2010 10:39:38 AM   
smiley14

Thanks Mark! Have you heard or experienced having this run on a VM environment?

(in reply to markmorow)
Post #: 3
RE: Voice Mail Integration and Virtual Server Support - 28.Jul.2010 11:15:11 AM   
markmorow

No I haven't had any experience with the UM role. I just know if you call in for support they will ask you to move it to a physical instance.

Mark Morowczynski|MCT| MCSE 2003:Messaging, Security|MCITP:ES, SA,EA|MCTS:Windows Mobile Admin|Security+|http://almostdailytech.com

(in reply to smiley14)
Post #: 4
RE: Voice Mail Integration and Virtual Server Support - 28.Jul.2010 11:24:50 AM   
smiley14

I understand. I got that answer recently from MS support from our Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration (We had our 2003 on a VM). Just trying to figure out if I want to play that game, to vm or not to vm. I guess there is only one way to find out.

Cheers!

(in reply to markmorow)
Post #: 5
RE: Voice Mail Integration and Virtual Server Support - 5.Aug.2010 9:23:06 AM   
DLT

You have to be very careful running any UDP based app in VM environment. If you have any type of voice issues within a VM they are very hard to troubleshoot. Put it on a physical box if you can.

(in reply to smiley14)
Post #: 6
RE: Voice Mail Integration and Virtual Server Support - 15.Aug.2011 3:13:26 AM   
kellenlee

I got that answer recently from MS support from our Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration

happy battery

(in reply to DLT)
Post #: 7
RE: Voice Mail Integration and Virtual Server Support - 13.Nov.2011 10:20:01 PM   
lxtbattery

GOOD TOPICS.
THANKS FOR YOUR SHARING.

Lithium-ion Battery

(in reply to smiley14)
Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Unified Messaging >> Voice Mail Integration and Virtual Server Support Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter