• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

WM5.1 device suddenly can't connect to Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> WM5.1 device suddenly can't connect to Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WM5.1 device suddenly can't connect to Exchange - 29.Sep.2009 2:59:21 PM   
adam_b

I recently migrated an Exchange Server 2007 install from a VM to a physical server.  After installing the GoDaddy UCC root and intermediate certs, everything was working great for about a week.  Suddenly, one user's Palm Treo with Windows Mobile 5.1 won't connect anymore.  The error message is ". . . invalid cert.  0x80072F0D".  He is the only user with a WM5.1 device and the only one who can't connect anymore.  No changes have been made to the server or the Treo.   I've installed the root cert onto the mobile device, but no luck.  I have no idea what to try next.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: WM5.1 device suddenly can't connect to Exchange - 9.Oct.2009 10:03:34 PM   
adam_b

Finally figured out the answer:

Since it is a Go Daddy cert, it has to have the intermediary cert also installed. I did that already, but didn't realize that I had to leave the certs in the "trusted root" and "third party root" folders disabled. As soon as I re-disabled those two, all was right in the world again.

< Message edited by adam_b -- 9.Oct.2009 10:05:25 PM >

(in reply to adam_b)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> WM5.1 device suddenly can't connect to Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter