• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Wanting to implement OWA with SSL, questions

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Wanting to implement OWA with SSL, questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wanting to implement OWA with SSL, questions - 19.Jun.2002 12:13:00 AM   
Digitalcandy

If I am going to use SSL with OWA do I need to purchase a CA from a 3rd party or can I have my server generate it's own?

Where are the tutorials on setting all of this up. MSExchange doesn't have anything good that encorporates both technologies.
Post #: 1
RE: Wanting to implement OWA with SSL, questions - 19.Jun.2002 8:33:00 AM   
Dennis h

Hi Ryan
i would go for the 3rd party, a little more expensive but then you dont have to manage a certificate server, i have some info on how to set it up, but it is 32 mb, so give me a private massage, and i will tell you where you can download it.

\\Dennis

(in reply to Digitalcandy)
Post #: 2
RE: Wanting to implement OWA with SSL, questions - 19.Jun.2002 11:14:00 PM   
koggen

I have used the MS Certificate Server and installed a self-issued certificate which works excellent for us. Easy to manage, easy to install etc. The only issue I have had is that some browsers (i.e. Netscape) don't seem to like the encryption algorithm or what ever it's called - I'm no expert on SSL [Smile] which is, unless other specified, the default for MS generated certificates. Also users connecting from external sites will get a warning that the issuer of the SSL certificate is "not trusted", because it hasn't been signed by a trusted company like e.g VeriSign. But on a whole, if these drawbacks aren't an issue, save those bucks and go for a self-issued certificate.

Regards,

Johan

Post #: 3
RE: Wanting to implement OWA with SSL, questions - 20.Jun.2002 7:06:00 PM   
genenius

From my experience, it is pretty tough to find detailed or how-to's that are not based according to the book. I had to dig and hunt through the internet and mess up my test network several times just to get OWA working in a FE/BE environment. that's why I've come to the message boards, REAL PEOPLE WITH REAL PROBLEMS AND EXPERIENCES. I have yet to configure SSL for our Implementation, but we have SSL for our websites, so I'm pretty sure I can get one or our web admins to help me out on this one. Good luck!

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Wanting to implement OWA with SSL, questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter