• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

What do I need to do to recieve external Emails. URGENT PLS.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> What do I need to do to recieve external Emails. URGENT PLS. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What do I need to do to recieve external Emails. URGENT... - 24.Oct.2009 7:02:02 PM   
deepsee34

Hello All,
I just got assigned a project to deploy exchange server 2003 in a windows server 2003 environment.In other to get things right, i setup a lab on my PC to simulate the scenario I will be working at when i get to the production environment.

My setup goes thus;

1 Server as Domain Controller (windows server 2003 installed)
1 Server as the exchange server (Exchange server 2003 installed)
2 Clients workstation (Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook installed)

After reading tons of materials, my setup was successful and connection to outlook to the exchange server was a piece of cake. Now that I am locally setup and ready to fly. I need to get to the next phase which is sending and receiving external emails.

I was able to send mail using DNS but all delivered to spam.

I need some pointers/solutions to the following concerns;

1. What do I need to do/setup so that my mails get delivered to inbox (yahoo, Google and others).
2. I am still abit confused on what I need to put in place to get mails delivered to my exchange server from outside the network. I have a domain name registered and I have a public IP address.
I have heard and read of MX records, A record, PTR and other stuffs but still dont have proper understanding of the steps to follow to get this done. Some people told me I will have to call my ISP to do some setup for me on their servers while someone else also told me I could do all the configuration without having to discuss anything with my ISP.

Pls what i need is a coincise solution the the problem at hand. Thanks in advance.

Deepsee
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> What do I need to do to recieve external Emails. URGENT PLS. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter