• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

What is happening when mouting a store?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> What is happening when mouting a store? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is happening when mouting a store? - 23.Mar.2008 3:25:17 PM   
yalgaar

This might be a discussion rather then just a question. I have some understanding on how the database store and the files work, but want to master this.

So my question is when you attempt to mount a store, what exactly is happening in the background? What are the stuff that are checked for a successful mount of a store? What files are checked? How is it checked? What exactly is happening in the background? Would apppreciate if somebody could provide some flowchat that explains the whole process.

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: What is happening when mouting a store? - 24.Mar.2008 4:03:43 AM   
ismail.mohammed

hi mate,

May be this content might be helpful as far as your question or still you might have some question anyway i will try my level best, what i understood.

Exchange Database is nothing but a .edb, .stm, log files and .chk (major responsible guy)

Before you could mount the database : it should be clean shutdown otherwise your database won't mount.

When you mount the database i am making the database as read\write content means then only users can able to save the message transaction in the database and able to send and receive.
After mounting the database, you are making the database available for users to send and receive mail and further it will store in the database by mode of .edb and .stm

To know about the database architecture technology please go through this link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/271987

(in reply to yalgaar)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> What is happening when mouting a store? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter