• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

What is the simplest way to make Public Folder Contacts TO: accessible

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Public Folders >> What is the simplest way to make Public Folder Contacts TO: accessible Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is the simplest way to make Public Folder Contacts... - 13.May2002 9:27:00 PM   
greengiant

Greetings all,
My compay desires the contacts in "Company Contacts", a Public Folder ( Toplevel ) to be accessible when clicking on the TO: field. Is there a way to accomodate this easily? Options I have found thus far :
Move contacts to users personally Contact list ( required on Each PC ).
Export Contacts and import into Active Directory ( Q300409 ).
Both options would require maintenance to keep current. Any help/tips on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bo
Post #: 1
RE: What is the simplest way to make Public Folder Cont... - 16.May2002 5:21:00 PM   
oklaguy

Hi Greengiant. In the Exchange System Manager under Administrative Groups/First Administrative Group/Folders/Public Folders, right click on the particular public folder and go to properties. On the Exchange Advanced tab, there is an option that says "Hide from Exchange address lists" that is checked by default I think. If you uncheck it, I believe that will solve your problem.

Each user can also add it manually in Outlook by right-clicking on the public folder and choosing properties. There is a tab that says "Outlook Address Book" that has an option to toggle whether or not it will show up in the TO: search.

Hope this helps! Take care!

Guy

(in reply to greengiant)
Post #: 2
RE: What is the simplest way to make Public Folder Cont... - 17.May2002 3:26:00 PM   
greengiant

The server side option of "not hiding from GAL" only shows "Company Contacts" as a single address. However adding the public folder "Company Contacts" as an address book ( which I've done before -- just not here ) produces the desired results [Smile] Thanks for the refresher, and have a great day !

(in reply to greengiant)
Post #: 3
RE: What is the simplest way to make Public Folder Cont... - 20.Jun.2002 10:37:00 PM   
quote:
However adding the public folder "Company Contacts" as an address book ( which I've done before -- just not here ) produces the desired results
That is exactly what I need to do -- how do you add the a public folder (of contacts) to the address book??

Thanks!

Ryan
rfobart@insuramerica.com

(in reply to greengiant)
  Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Public Folders >> What is the simplest way to make Public Folder Contacts TO: accessible Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter