• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Where are OWA User Configurable settings stored?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Where are OWA User Configurable settings stored? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where are OWA User Configurable settings stored? - 26.Apr.2010 5:27:59 PM   
troy12n

I am looking to see if there is a way for me to view and possibly change certain user configurable OWA settings from the powershell. And I am at a loss to find where these settings are even stored. I looked in ADSI edit, PFDavAdmin, get-mailbox |fl, get-owavirtualdirectory |fl and cannot find them.

Specifically looking for language and time zone info per user. Or any setting where inside of OWA you go to OPTIONS/REGIONAL Settings. Where is this info stored, I would think it has to be somewhere in AD, or is it somewhere in Exchange?

Thanks,
Post #: 1
RE: Where are OWA User Configurable settings stored? - 26.Apr.2010 10:20:59 PM   
John Weber

you try get-casmailbox yet?

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to troy12n)
Post #: 2
RE: Where are OWA User Configurable settings stored? - 27.Apr.2010 10:02:25 AM   
leederbyshire

They're in hidden messages in the user's mailbox. You can see some of them by using something like Exchange Explorer from the old SDK. Others can be hard to find.

Lee.

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

(in reply to troy12n)
Post #: 3
RE: Where are OWA User Configurable settings stored? - 27.Apr.2010 2:36:01 PM   
troy12n

Get-Casmailbox does not give me the info I am looking for, even if I use the |fl or -verbose switches.

And Exchange Explorer does not seem to work with Exchange 2007.

< Message edited by troy12n -- 27.Apr.2010 2:50:17 PM >

(in reply to leederbyshire)
Post #: 4
RE: Where are OWA User Configurable settings stored? - 29.Apr.2010 10:37:11 AM   
leederbyshire

Exchange Explorer does work with E2007 (at least, it does for me), but you need to direct it at the Exchange VDir of the server hosting the mailbox (not necessarily the CAS), and remember to use https if you require it. It doesn't work while you have FBA enabled on the Exchange VDir.

Lee.

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

(in reply to troy12n)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Where are OWA User Configurable settings stored? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter