• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Which IP address to be used in Exchange server ( External IP or Internal IP ) ?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Which IP address to be used in Exchange server ( External IP or Internal IP ) ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which IP address to be used in Exchange server ( Extern... - 2.Aug.2012 1:05:58 AM   
jean9681

Hello,
Hope youíre having a good day there,
I just finished setting up the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, this is the first time I have configured/ setting up the exchange server. Am not sure about one thing here and I need you guys to help me out with this.
Now after I have completed the installation and the configuration of the exchange server.am not sure which IP address or DNS should be pointed in the Go-Daddy account to forward emails
My Network is setup in vm-ware I have them all running on a ESXi 5.0 box
ESXi & Router setup with Public IP 199. X .X. X ( router and ESXi server has different IPís) my router is setup with 192.168.1.2 for the client machines. I have Virtual servers running on this one for AD and one for exchange. I have used static IP for both the servers with 192.168.1.4 for AD and 192.168.1.5 for exchange. Now should I be pointing my exchange IP ie 192.168.1.5 in my go-daddy to create an mx record or should I use the DNS that was given to me by my ISP.
More info: my internal and external domain is the same ( I mean my ad is abctech.com and the email address that I want to use is with xxxx@abctech.com)
Will exchange server work with internal IP address which I have used How do I add or setup external IP now

Please guide me in the right direction

Thanks in advance, looking forward for a resolution
Post #: 1
RE: Which IP address to be used in Exchange server ( Ex... - 2.Aug.2012 11:52:53 AM   
dphilips

Outside DNS will need to point to the address your ISP has given you on the outside.

(in reply to jean9681)
Post #: 2
RE: Which IP address to be used in Exchange server ( Ex... - 4.Aug.2012 7:17:18 PM   
Exchange_Geek

Your MX Record needs to be the server that is going to receive your emails, in your case if GoDaddy is going to receive it and forward it to you, then it should be their IP Address and GoDaddy folks needs to be provided the internet facing IP of your firewall / router.

Regards,
Exchange_Geek

(in reply to jean9681)
Post #: 3
RE: Which IP address to be used in Exchange server ( Ex... - 6.Aug.2012 1:50:01 PM   
jean9681

Thanks a lot, am contacting go-daddy to get it done....

(in reply to Exchange_Geek)
Post #: 4
RE: Which IP address to be used in Exchange server ( Ex... - 6.Aug.2012 1:50:37 PM   
jean9681

Thanks dphilips..

(in reply to dphilips)
Post #: 5
RE: Which IP address to be used in Exchange server ( Ex... - 30.Aug.2012 5:41:21 AM   
kirvk548

you will use the internal ip for the Exchange server because there will be a trouble for using the external ip and the your Ad is in internal ip

ASK And YOU SHALL BE
GIVEN !!!!

(in reply to jean9681)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Which IP address to be used in Exchange server ( External IP or Internal IP ) ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter