• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Why are my exports failing??

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Why are my exports failing?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why are my exports failing?? - 3.Jan.2017 11:12:49 AM   
kossde

First and foremost, I'd like to advise all of you that I'm a pretty inexperienced exchange admin and was promoted to this position from a help desk lead position maybe 6 months ago. So please ignore any of my incorrect terminology- Iím still learning how to speak-exchange (lol)

Anyhow- the company I support has about 50k employees, and one of my tasks is to do legal pulls on a weekly bases. 99% of the time these pulls go through with no problem. That additional 1% of the time, though, the PST export fails at a random point in the export.

When a mailbox export fails, the only solution we currently have is to move the mailbox to a different database and try the export again. In my limited experience, that has worked 100% of the time thus far. Other exports to the same database complete fine. If I move the mailbox to a different DB then move it back to the original DB, it also works fine- but only AFTER the move. While we do have a baditemlimit set for the exports, we do not have it enabled for the DB moves

The issue isnít specific to large or small mailboxes, which databases the exports originate from, or any other criteria that we can identify.

Also, Iíve noticed that when this happens, the server on which we are saving these PSTs will lock the PST file of the failed export and show it as opened until I remote into the server and manually close the fileís open session. This doesnít happen with exports that complete properly.

Has anyone seen this before??
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Why are my exports failing?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter