• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Will Exchange 2010 meet our requirements?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Will Exchange 2010 meet our requirements? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will Exchange 2010 meet our requirements? - 3.Dec.2012 11:12:04 AM   
1tsols

Hello All,

We are in discussions with a client over using Exchange 2010 for their email etc. We will be using a Hosted Exchange service rather than using an in-house Exchange Server, what we would like to know is whether Exchange Server 2010 would meet our requirements, and if it doesn't would downgrading to Exchange 2007 meet our requirements better?

We will be needing 6 mailboxes in total, and below is a list of requirements/features we need:

1. All users to be able to see everyones emails
2. All users to be able to reply and send email as each other; with the sent items saved to the designated account (from account) sent items folder and not to sending user / account sent items folder.
3. Contacts from 1 mailbox to be shared with everyone or a global contacts lists that everyone has full access to; all other individual account contacts to be private to respective account.
4. The ability to move messages from 1 account to another (including sub-folders).

We have a meeting with our client tomorrow (Tues, 4th Dec @ 10am (UK Time)), if possible we would like a answer before then.

Many thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Will Exchange 2010 meet our requirements? - 4.Dec.2012 4:38:22 AM   
zbnet

Are they your requirements, or your client's requirements? Are you the supplier? If you are the Exchange reseller, surely you'd know the answer to those questions?

Most hosted email mailboxes will be run on 2010 rather than 2007, and if not it won't be long before the server is upgraded. In fact, depending on who hosts the mailboxes, it might be Exchange 2013 soon.

I don't think you care about the version of Exchange - each is 'better' than the last. A more relevant question for a complicated shared mailbox setup like this one is, does the hoster have the flexibility to accommodate the needs of you or your client.

[Sorry I didn't make your reply timescales, but I have to fit answering these posts around my day-job.]

(in reply to 1tsols)
Post #: 2
RE: Will Exchange 2010 meet our requirements? - 4.Dec.2012 6:42:45 AM   
1tsols

The requirements posted are our client requirements not ours. And no we are not the supplier. We are an IT support company who are trying to source a provider of the service and just wanted to ask a general question of would Exchange be able to meet the listed requirements.

We really appreciate the time you have taken to reply, so not to worry about not meeting the time, that wasn't meant as a deadline.

(in reply to 1tsols)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Will Exchange 2010 meet our requirements? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter