• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Win 2K Exchange server database corruption

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Win 2K Exchange server database corruption Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Win 2K Exchange server database corruption - 28.Apr.2005 10:30:00 PM   
madmax

Hello,

Our exchange server got the following application event log:

Source: ESE
Category: Database Corruption
Type: Error
EventID: 447
User: N/A
Computer: VOYAGER

Description:
Information Store (2624) A bad page link (error -338) has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 2283, PgnoRoot: 213598) of database E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb (3253654 => 3304833, 3253654).

Right now we can still send plain text email using OUTLOOK, but attachments can't be sent, OUTLOOK will say "The operation failed".

The interesting thing is, attachments can be sent and received without problems if using web access: http://ip/exchange, instead of OUTLOOK.

Any input would be appreciated. Already stuck here for 4 days. Reboot didn't solve the problem, by the way.

Thanks!
max
Post #: 1
RE: Win 2K Exchange server database corruption - 29.Apr.2005 12:52:00 PM   
marcn

You need to run isinteg. Dismount the database and run the following command from the exchsrvr\bin folder:

isinteg -fix -s servername -test alltests

where servername is your exchange server. Once this is complete mount the store back up and test.

(in reply to madmax)
Post #: 2
RE: Win 2K Exchange server database corruption - 1.Jan.2012 9:33:08 AM   
Ellinor

The bad page link error -338 is occurs due to the corruption in parent database and it could be solved by using any of the following methods:

I) Restore the damaged database from the last online backup, if that is available and valid.
II) Create a new mailbox and move all likely mailboxes into a the new mailbox
III) Use esesuitl /r (soft recovery) or eseutil /p (hard recovery) tool to repair the corrupted database. You are recommended to backup your database before using the methods.

If the Exchange database still could not be repaired, you require to use a third party application. The best known tool for this purpose is: http://goo.gl/PyCxyQ

This advanced Exchange server recovery software will definitely repair and recover the corrupted database file. This tool is very easy for you to use and to repair the damaged .edb files without harming the original data. It supports Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 versions.

< Message edited by Ellinor -- 11.Oct.2015 1:58:47 AM >

(in reply to madmax)
Post #: 3
RE: Win 2K Exchange server database corruption - 20.Feb.2014 4:42:22 AM   
RobertJohnson

Whenever Exchange Server Database corrupt, t is really very bad situation faced by the Exchange server administrators. It is true that eseutil /p repair method remove the corrupt or unrecognized items from database (.edb) file to bring the database into consistent state. However, there are some third party tools which rebuild the corrupt items and make the database consistent. Thus, users should take backup on regular basis to prevent data loss situations and also to handle the disaster situations efficiently. In the absence of valid database backup, it is good to use a third party tool like this: http://bit.ly/1QvJlkZ
This tool has been designed with strong scanning modes to handle the corruption and to prevent data loss issues. This software rebuilds the damaged items and enables the users to directly mount the database to MS Exchange Server.

< Message edited by RobertJohnson -- 22.Feb.2016 12:56:28 AM >

(in reply to Ellinor)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Win 2K Exchange server database corruption Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter