• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

X400 Connectors

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> X400 Connectors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
X400 Connectors - 8.Aug.2001 1:17:00 PM   
Exchange 5.5 SP4 - NT 4 Server**************** We have two X400 connectors setup for each site, one with a message limit of 999k, which runs during the day and the other with no limit, which runs during the night. All sites we have link to our Exchange router, which also has two X400 connectors to each site with exactly the same limits. The idea of the limits is to stop large message slowing down our network during the day.

The problem we have is that the night queues at either end (Site or router) sometimes do not send the messages that have been queued in the night queues. We know the queues are configured correctly as they do normally send the messages, but sometimes they decide not to. There is no reference in the event viewer to the problem.

We currently resolve this problem by moving the messages from the night connector to the day & remove restrictions from the day, but this is not ideal, as we have to remove the night connector, recalculate routing & then stop & start the MTA and finally re-create the night connector.

If more information is required, please let me know.

Thanks

Peter.

Post #: 1
RE: X400 Connectors - 9.Aug.2001 12:54:00 PM   
Could you explain what you mean by an Exchange Router ?

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 2
RE: X400 Connectors - 9.Aug.2001 2:39:00 PM   
Router is where all of our exchange sites connect to when they send a message to another site. i.e. If site A wanted to send to site B, the message would go via the router.

Router is an exchange server, but just doesn't have any receipents etc.. hosted on it.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3
RE: X400 Connectors - 9.Aug.2001 3:40:00 PM   
I think what they mean by 'router' is 'bridgehead server'

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 4
RE: X400 Connectors - 9.Aug.2001 5:39:00 PM   
Sorry, I did mean a Bridgehead server. I just couldn't remember the exact terminology for it.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> X400 Connectors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote