We have a US based Exchange server and due to recent problems, would like to have our other server in the UK and setup with Exchange and have mail split or possibly duplicated in some way. The US server holds our DNS address (@blah.com etc). Email in the UK is via POP mail to and from the US server at the moment. Both sites connect to each other via 1mb internet links. The US site has 20 users while the UK has 30 (neither of the servers is being stretched in any way). Both sites have the X400 connector software ready.
My questions are as follows (..the room quickly empties)...
1. What's the price of a Pan Gallactic Gargleblaster in Thargurian grelks?
2. Assuming the UK also has Exchange running and both sites have the X400 connector configured and working. As all the emails will go to the US site (DNS holder) first, should the passing of mail to the UK server be best based on Organisation or country code etc?
3. Would it be also be worthwhile replicating the whole Exchange directory and then sort out our own custom recipients of to each site?
4. Am I going the wrong way about this and better alternatives are within my grasp?
5. Was Trillian realy a bloke?
6. If you answered yes to question 1 goto
Jail, move directly to Jail, do not pass go, do not collect ú200 (or any other currency for that matter).
6. Where's the nearest Chinese?
Thank you for participating - all comments welcome (most of them anyway).