• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

X400 connector....life, the universe and everything.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> X400 connector....life, the universe and everything. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
X400 connector....life, the universe and everything. - 18.Jan.2001 10:17:00 PM   
Noel42

We have a US based Exchange server and due to recent problems, would like to have our other server in the UK and setup with Exchange and have mail split or possibly duplicated in some way. The US server holds our DNS address (@blah.com etc). Email in the UK is via POP mail to and from the US server at the moment. Both sites connect to each other via 1mb internet links. The US site has 20 users while the UK has 30 (neither of the servers is being stretched in any way). Both sites have the X400 connector software ready.

My questions are as follows (..the room quickly empties)...

1. What's the price of a Pan Gallactic Gargleblaster in Thargurian grelks?

2. Assuming the UK also has Exchange running and both sites have the X400 connector configured and working. As all the emails will go to the US site (DNS holder) first, should the passing of mail to the UK server be best based on Organisation or country code etc?

3. Would it be also be worthwhile replicating the whole Exchange directory and then sort out our own custom recipients of to each site?

4. Am I going the wrong way about this and better alternatives are within my grasp?

5. Was Trillian realy a bloke?

6. If you answered yes to question 1 goto
Jail, move directly to Jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 (or any other currency for that matter).

6. Where's the nearest Chinese?

Thank you for participating - all comments welcome (most of them anyway).

Post #: 1
RE: X400 connector....life, the universe and everything. - 2.Feb.2001 7:25:00 AM   
Noel42

..well bollox to this forum!

(in reply to Noel42)
Post #: 2
RE: X400 connector....life, the universe and everything. - 2.Feb.2001 7:25:00 AM   
Noel42

(in reply to Noel42)
Post #: 3
Noel42

(in reply to Noel42)
Post #: 4
RE: X400 connector....life, the universe and everything. - 2.Feb.2001 9:32:00 AM   
BruteForce

Good gawd, I hope Trillian wasn't a bloke. The routing of mail from the US server to the UK server will be based upon the mailbox holders organization name. I'm pretty sure that exchange is blind to country codes (don't quote me on that). If you have a 1mb connection, I'd replicate everything. Just do it on a Friday afternoon. Oh and Exchange 2000 uses SMTP to connect to other exchange servers within your Org. Consider upgrading so you can ditch that expensive 1mb connection.

(in reply to Noel42)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> X400 connector....life, the universe and everything. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter