• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
You do not have the permission to send the message on b... - 23.May2005 8:23:00 AM   
I'm Stuck

Since the migration to Exchange 2003 I'm not able to have multiple e-mails accounts sending e-mail from one generic login, for example if I have a user login called Guest and Guest has permission to open Guest1 and Guest2 e-mails accounts, this works but when I try to send an e-mail from say Guest1 I receive the error message "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user" even though I have given Guest full access to Guest1 or Guest2 e-mail.

If I do the same thing for accounts that where created in Exchange 5.5 I have no problems, it is only accounts that have been created in Exchange 2003.

If anyone knows this problem and can tell me how to fix it I will by them a nice cold beer :-)
Post #: 1
RE: You do not have the permission to send the message ... - 23.May2005 8:29:00 AM   
unsworthcl

You may have to add user to have permission to send of behalf.

This is done in active directory under the user you are trying to send mail from.

Under properties select Exchange General - Delivery Options - Send on behalf - Add

(in reply to I'm Stuck)
Post #: 2
RE: You do not have the permission to send the message ... - 23.May2005 9:31:00 AM   
I'm Stuck

It is a little different to how it works and looks in Exchange 5.5 but it is a fix.......many thanks.

(in reply to I'm Stuck)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter