• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

activesync & calendar anomalies

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> activesync & calendar anomalies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
activesync & calendar anomalies - 5.Mar.2012 11:33:55 AM   
Silvan

Hi,

I'm running Exchange 2007 SP1. I have a few of my executives that are having calendar sync anamolies with their devices.

Calendars showing up in outlook but not showing up on the iphone or ipad.

Just curious if anyone knows possible causes/solutions? Unfortunatly because they are executives I can't just tell them to live with the odd occurance of this as it may cause a missed appoinment with a client etc.
Post #: 1
RE: activesync & calendar anomalies - 5.Mar.2012 11:54:56 AM   
RustyShackleford

We are dealing with similar issues.

ActiveSync devices have always created problems for mailbox calendars. Check out this KB article for a list issues you will be faced with:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563324

Installing the latest Exchange service pack and roll up with help but it will not eliminate all problems. Remember that Microsoft does not provide ActiveSync programming to companies that want to support ActiveSync, such as iPhone and Android devices. Windows mobile devices and Blackberry devices are much more reliable.

We are working on a disclaimer that will communicate to our end users stating that if they connect with an ActiveSync device they could experience mailbox problems.

(in reply to Silvan)
Post #: 2
RE: activesync & calendar anomalies - 5.Mar.2012 12:07:22 PM   
Silvan

Thanks. I came across that kb article this morning as well and tried to read as many articles as I could this morning about the issue and the general info I was able to gather was that upgrading to excgh 2010 SP1 or 2007 SP3 should resolve a lot of issues.

We have a Professional Services department here and last week our 'exchange expert' told me that upgrade to 2010 would not resolve the issue so now I need to go back to management again and tell them our options it seems as we want to completely migrate away from our BES server that is still hosting half the staff.

(in reply to RustyShackleford)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> activesync & calendar anomalies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter