• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

alphabetical distribution lists

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> alphabetical distribution lists Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
alphabetical distribution lists - 14.Jun.2000 6:50:00 AM   
For some reason our users want to have a distribution list that is alphabetical by last name. Does anyone know if this can be done?
  Post #: 1
RE: alphabetical distribution lists - 14.Jun.2000 1:24:00 PM   
evetslp

I am a bit confused by your question. A DL is a single address that users can send email to that points to multiple addresses (basically). The users would only see the list name when sending mail to it. Why would a user want the actualy DL to be in a certain order? I'm a bit confused.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: alphabetical distribution lists - 15.Jun.2000 7:46:00 AM   
quote:
Originally posted by evetslp:
I am a bit confused by your question. A DL is a single address that users can send email to that points to multiple addresses (basically). The users would only see the list name when sending mail to it. Why would a user want the actualy DL to be in a certain order? I'm a bit confused.

Exactly! The only reason I can see for it is that they wanted the recipient list to show no favouitism. From a real world perspective it is complete nonsense but you know what users are like! I just need to know that there is definitely no way of doing it.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3
RE: alphabetical distribution lists - 15.Jun.2000 7:43:00 PM   
evetslp

I feel for you :-(

I think the fix for you problem is a bit of social engineering as opposed to Exchange engineering :-)

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> alphabetical distribution lists Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter