• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

any way to stop "on behalf of" when forwarding a meeting request?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> any way to stop "on behalf of" when forwarding a meeting request? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
any way to stop "on behalf of" when forwardin... - 6.Jun.2005 11:52:00 AM   
mikejc

We have a mixed environment, where many users run Exchange/Outlook, while others work from Unix and run Mozilla. This is leading to a real security concern that I am looking for help with.

Please note this issue does not use/involve end user delegation of "send as" privs.

When forwarding a copy of a meeting request from one Exchange user to another, only the meeting originator's name shows up in Outlook until you double click the message.

You then see Forwarder's Name (sent on behalf of Originator Name).

However, if the forwarder forwards it to a Netscape/Mozilla user, the recipient will ONLY see the originator's name, there is no way to view the forwarder's name, let alone even know tthat this is a forwarded copy!

Being that when you forward a meeting request you can modify/write anything you want in it, this is a big concern for us.

Is there any way to disable this functionality at the server level?

Thanks!

I'm new to this forum, so I am sorry if this has already been answered before. I did a search but did not find anything.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Server Security >> any way to stop "on behalf of" when forwarding a meeting request? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter