• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

attachments not being received

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> attachments not being received Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
attachments not being received - 8.Mar.2002 9:56:00 AM   
jasmin

Have win2k server with exchange 2k sp2 and have a wierd problem sending to some domains...
when sending to a certain domain with an attachment.. the recipient in the other company receives the email but with no attachement. We can send emails with attachements fine everywhere else but to 3 certain domains...
does anyone know where the fault lies (ie with my exchange or the other company's) and how to fix it. I know that ex2000 has problems sometimes talking to ex5.5 but would it cause this sort of problem? Many thanks in advance "[Smile]"
Post #: 1
RE: attachments not being received - 8.Mar.2002 12:30:00 PM   
rajkan_19

Hii

I need some more details.We to faced this problem

1.Does the recipient u send are included in the GAL

2. What is the Email client at the recipients side

One simple and imm. solution would be to change the message format of the the email to simpletext or html and then try.

The problem is bcoz the tnef format of e2k is not recognized by the client side application.If u can give me the above details elaborately ican sure help u.If u want u can mail me and lll give u the detailed steps and also explain you the source for this problem.Good luck

Regards
Rajiv

(in reply to jasmin)
Post #: 2
RE: attachments not being received - 14.Mar.2002 10:39:00 AM   
rajkan_19

Hey did u solve ur problem.

If u can explai it wil be usefull

??????????????

(in reply to jasmin)
Post #: 3
RE: attachments not being received - 18.Mar.2002 1:00:00 AM   
We have this problem as well using Outlook XP SP1 even to internal users sometime...

(in reply to jasmin)
  Post #: 4
RE: attachments not being received - 18.Mar.2002 11:32:00 AM   
rajkan_19

Hiii me
if u can give me all the details to my earlier post for this same topic. i shall help u in someway

Follow these simple tests

a. For internal users : Check whether u have made any seetign at the server to use Rich text format if yes the nchange it to user level settign

b. At the client side you change the message format to plain text. Try sending the mails with attachments. If this does not solve .(It should)

2. Both for internal and custom recipients
Send the mails by typing it and not selecting from gal bcoz when selecting from gal the Exchange 2000 message format may be used(TNEF).
If the attachments gets reached then send to various aother users typing their address and observe if it is 100% ok then there is problem in gal u rebuild the gal.(Mostly it would solve only for external users).

My understanding of the problem is that u have some message format problemss.Follow the first step and get abck to me as to whether it solevd the problem
[Smile]

RAjiv

(in reply to jasmin)
Post #: 5
RE: attachments not being received - 18.Mar.2002 11:33:00 AM   
rajkan_19

Hiii me
if u can give me all the details to my earlier post for this same topic. i shall help u in someway

a. For internal users : Check whether u have made any seetign at the server to use Rich text format if yes the nchange it to user level settign

b. At the client side you change the message format to plain text. Try sending the mails with attachments. If this does not solve .(It should)

Send the mails by typing it and not selecting from gal bcoz when selecting from gal the Exchange 2000 message format may be used(TNEF).
If the attachments gets reached then send to various aother users typing their address and observe if it is 100% ok then there is problem in gal u rebuild the gal.(Mostly it would solve only for external users).

My understanding of the problem is that u have some message format problemss.Follow the first step and get abck to me as to whether it solevd the problem
[Smile]

RAJIV

(in reply to jasmin)
Post #: 6
RE: attachments not being received - 18.Mar.2002 11:33:00 AM   
rajkan_19

Hiii me

[Smile]

RAJIV

(in reply to jasmin)
Post #: 7
RE: attachments not being received - 18.Mar.2002 3:38:00 PM   
jasmin

hello

have tried changing the setting to plain text on the client side... just need to test it now..
thanks for your advice... will keep you posted as to whether it works

thanks again

(in reply to jasmin)
Post #: 8
RE: attachments not being received - 20.Mar.2002 1:10:00 AM   
nated0g

It sounds like the server you are sending to is either blocking files OR, more likely, I would guess the client is using Outlook 2002 which, by default, blocks all sorts of attachments. Search MS knowledge base for article on how to change registry on client so Outlook 2002 doesn't block attachments... Those would be the first 2 places I would look. Good luck.

nate

(in reply to jasmin)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> attachments not being received Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter