• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

autodiscover.xml failed to respond - - HELP

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> autodiscover.xml failed to respond - - HELP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
autodiscover.xml failed to respond - - HELP - 19.Oct.2008 4:52:12 PM   
stevenjwilliams83

Hello -

I used this awesome tool that heard about on these forums and it seems like my firewall access for autodiscover works.  It seems to be getting through, plus OWA, Activesync, and Outlook Anywhere works when I configure outlook 2007 client to RPC proxy settings.  So now why doesnt autodiscover work??  I ran the test and got the following error about the autodiscover.xml.....is there something that i need to fix with the XML to get this to work??  I am so close, but dont understand this xml error.
Connectivity Test Failed

Test Details

Copy to Clipboard
Expand/Collapse

Attempting full AutoDiscover and RPC/HTTP Logon (if requested)

Testing AutoDiscover and/or RPC/HTTP Logon failed.

Test Steps

Attempting each method of contacting the AutoDiscover Service

Failed to contact the AutoDiscover service successfully by any method

Test Steps

Attempting to test potential AutoDiscover URL https://MyDomain.com/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml

Failed testing this potential AutoDiscover URL

Test Steps

Attempting to Resolve the host name MyDomain.com in DNS.

Host successfully Resolved

Additional Details

IP(s) returned: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Testing TCP Port 443 on host MyDomain.com to ensure it is listening/open.

The specified port is either blocked, not listening, or not producing the expected response.

Tell me more about this step

Additional Details

A Socket Exception occured: Exception Details: Message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:443 Type: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException Stack Trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port) at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.TcpPortTest.PerformTestReally()

Attempting to test potential AutoDiscover URL https://autodiscover.MyDomain.com/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml

Failed testing this potential AutoDiscover URL

Test Steps

Attempting to Resolve the host name autodiscover.quantumdi.com in DNS.

Additional Details

Testing TCP Port 443 on host autodiscover.MyDomain.com to ensure it is listening/open.

The port was opened successfully.

Testing SSLCertificate for validity.

The certificate passed all validation requirements.

Additional Details

Subject: CN=mail.MyDomain.com, OU=IT, O="Company Name", L=City, S=State, C=US, Issuer OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, O=Equifax, C=US

Attempting to Retrieve XML AutoDiscover Response from url https://autodiscover.MyDomain.com/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml for user User@MyDomain.com

Failed to obtain AutoDiscover XML response.

Additional Details

Exception Details: Message: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. Type: System.Net.WebException Stack Trace: at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.AutoDiscover.Outlook.AutoDiscoverGetOutlookXMLTest.Discover(String emailAddress, String url, NetworkCredential creds, String& errorDetails)

Attempting to contact the AutoDiscover service using the HTTP redirect method.

Failed to contact AutoDiscover using the HTTP Redirect method

Test Steps

Attempting to Resolve the host name autodiscover.MyDomain.com in DNS.

Additional Details

Testing TCP Port 80 on host autodiscover.MyDomain.com to ensure it is listening/open.

The port was opened successfully.

Checking Host autodiscover.MyDomain.com for an HTTP redirect to AutoDiscover

Failed to get an HTTP redirect response for AutoDiscover

Additional Details

A WebException occured while attempting to obtain the redirect URL. Exception Details: Message: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. Type: System.Net.WebException Stack Trace: at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.AutoDiscover.AutoDiscHttpRedirectTest.PerformTestReally()

Attempting to contact the AutoDiscover service using the DNS SRV redirect method.

Failed to contact AutoDiscover using the DNS SRV redirect method.

Test Steps

Attempting to locate SRV record _autodiscover._tcp.MyDomain.com in DNS.

Failed to find AutoDiscover SRV record in DNS.

Post #: 1
RE: autodiscover.xml failed to respond - - HELP - 19.Oct.2008 5:06:38 PM   
Elan Shudnow

Let's make sure all things are configured correctly. 

1. Your certificate contains a name autodiscover.domain.com.   It looks like you have this done as you passed certificate validity check.

2.  Port 443 is open.  Looks like this is done as well.

3. Your CAS is configured for Autodiscover.  Set-ClientAccessServer Server -AutodiscoverInternalURI FQDNHere.  You can do a Get-ClientAccessServer to see what this is currently configured as.  Make sure that you run the Set command for this server so it contains an FQDN which is in the certificate and which the certificate is enabled for the IIS service.

4.  You'll also want to make sure each service is configured properly for web services for both InternalURL and ExternalURL to ensure that the Autodiscover Service will see whether they client is connecting from the Outside or Inside which determines which URL is returned to the Outlook client.

5. Make sure all relevant Exchange services are running.  Don't need IMAP/POP/Etc unless you are using them.

6. Make sure there's no relevant errors in the Event Viewer

7. Try turning on Diagnostic Logging:
set-EventLogLevel "MSExchange Autodiscover\Core" -Level High
set-EventLogLevel "MSExchange Autodiscover\Web" -Level High
set-EventLogLevel "MSExchange Autodiscover\Provider" -Level High

Elan Shudnow
Exchange MVP
http://www.shudnow.net

(in reply to stevenjwilliams83)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> autodiscover.xml failed to respond - - HELP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter